Spread My Wings

Margaret tossed and turned in her bed, having her reoccurring nightmare that she's had since she's heard of her freedom being stripped from her 2 weeks ago.

She's been sick from this nightmare, wishing that it would just go away. But it never would.

Margaret became angry the next night, when she woke up in a hot sweat, and she stomped down the halls in her nightgown, her seeker wings pointing to the air showing that she was angry.

She stepped onto the flight deck where the night sky called for her through the cool wind that passed through her long hair. She morphed into her battle armor glimmering like the stars in the sky. Her rocket boosters on her stiletto heels started up in aflame.

Behind Margaret, Starscream came out for his night flight. He saw the girl about to take off, but when she heard him drop his portable groundbridge remote, she turned around and asked, "Are you going to stop me?"

Starscream stuttered, "W-what are y-you going to d-do?"

"I'm getting my freedom back. And I won't see you again." Margaret said sternly.

Starscream sighed, "I have no problem with that."

Margaret laughed, "Oh I know Screamer..." Then she sighed, "Tell my dad...I love him...and maybe...he can find me someday and everything will be alright...maybe I'll be able to explore the world without hiding...goodbye Starscream..." And she took off into the sky.

Starscream laughed, "She's definitely not going to survive the night." He turned on a tracking device and sent the coordinates to the Autobots...they were Margaret's coordinates.

~Autobot Base~

"Optimus! There's a message! And it's from Starscream!" Ratchet said as Optimus entered the base.

Optimus asked, "What does he want?"

Ratchet sighed, "All it is...is a set of coordinates...to somebody...let me find out the DNA signature to the coordinates holder."

Ratchet opened up a picture of the coordinates holder and his optics widened.

He whispered, "It's Margaret...Starscream wants her to be destroyed too...so he could take Megatron's throne for himself."

~Catalina~

Margaret stood on the beach that she stood on before with her love, Predaking. She cried as she remembered how she fell in love with him as they played in the ocean together.

Margaret was unaware of the Autobots opening a groundbridge a couple of miles away, up on a mountain the islanders called, Bible Peak.

She sighed as she looked at the flowing water that rushed over her pale feet. She shivered at the cold touch but then jumped scared when she heard a loud thud behind her, coming from the Prime that jumped down from the peak.

She backed up into the ocean, hoping that this was a dream. But it wasn't. She risked the chance to get her freedom back and now she was going to die.

Optimus spoke up, "You are too dangerous to become a tyrant and to be exposed to human kind. Because of that, I must exterminate you."

Margaret sighed, knowing that she has no way out, and stepped out of the ocean. She stood in front of the Prime and said, "Go ahead. Shoot an innocent little girl. Right now! See?! Shoot me right here!" And she pointed to her spark chamber.

Optimus felt a little guilt and he put away his cannon. He sighed, "I...I can't..."

Margaret growled, "I thought so." And she flew off. Optimus tried to grab her but she shot flames into his face, temporarily blinding him.

He shook his head and opened his optics to see a blurry Margaret shoot off into the sky.

Margaret flew down to one of the caves on the island and curled up in the dark. Her optics and the moon the only faint light. She nuzzled her face into her knees, retracting her armor and her wings.

She laid there in the cave alone silently until she heard the noise of a groundbridge opening up. She heard her fathers voice, "She must be here. That tracking device Starscream put on her told me so. And if Starscream's right...she might have been taken by Autobots...and...killed..."

Margaret gasped and thought, "Oh my...he cannot find me...I need to find this tracking device on me!"

She searched her whole body until she found something glowing in her earrings. It was the tracking device. She took them off and chucked them out to the pier, where her father and Predaking were.

When she saw Predaking her spark hurt. She longed to say goodbye but knew if her father saw her he would take her back. She stood behind the mouth of the cave, watching her father pick up her tiny earrings.

Energon tears came down his face as he began to cry. Margaret's eyes widened, surprised at this new emotion that her father has let go. Predaking stood by, not knowing what to do.

Margaret began to cry because seeing her fathers pain made her feel terrible. She could hear him cry loud, "I WILL AVENGE YOU, MY BABY GIRL! OPTIMUS WILL BE PUNISHED BY DEATH!"

He grasped her earrings, not letting go and not stopping his crying. The groundbridge stayed open, and they both walked through.

As the groundbridge closed, Margaret turned around and sank to the ground, feeling terrible for hiding and making her father think that she was with the Allspark.

She silently cried, "I'm so sorry father."

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly...

She crawled to the back of the cave, where no moonlight ever shined.

I'll do what it takes, till I touch the sky...

She silently cried herself to sleep.

I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change...

All she dreamt about that evening was...

And Break Away...

Seeing her father again...