chapter 9

Chapter 9- A Bestfriend Is All You Need

Austin's POV

"Man Bennett is doing something behind Meredith's back.." I said to everyone who was currently at my house which was Sarah, Alex, Robert, Tyler, and Zach. "he's keeping something from her and I don't have a good feeling about it." that really got everyone's attention.

"What do you mean by that?" Sarah asked. Now one thing I've learned from her is that you don't mess with her bestfriend. "I just got off the phone with her and she was telling me about how Bennett was over at her house and he was acting weird and lied straight to her face". I'm seriously worried for her. not only is she my bestfriend but I still have feelings for her and I always will. Only Alex knows that I still like her. "Maybe he's doing something for her birthday. Like we lied to her face too so that she wouldn't know about the surprise party." Zach did have a good point but I can feel like something isn't right. "That is true but have you noticed how distant he's been from her?" now that part was nothing but the truth and I'm basically the only one who's noticed it.. along with Meredith but that's besides the fact. "Austin its probably nothing big. Now come help me hang this poster." At least we are almost done setting up. "Okay I'll be over there in a second Rob!"

Next Day

Meredith's POV

I'M RADIOACTIVE, RADIOACTIVE!

Ugh shut up! Stupid alarm.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy to Meredith, happy birthday to you!" I smiled from ear to ear and rolled over to see who it was and it was none other than Austin. His voice is so amazing. Like no lie. I got up and embraced him with a huge hug. "This is why I love you. Oh and did I ever tell you that you have a wonderful voice?" I said while looking up to him. He chuckled and said "I love you too and no. Now go get dressed! We're going to Starbucks!" He is already making my day... Something my boyfriend should be doing... Well screw him Austin is here making me happy.

I grabbed my clothes and walked off to the bathroom to get ready. I did all the basic stuff like brushing my teeth then started on my outfit and hair. I put on my loose white crop-top, teal high waisted tattered shorts, my thin jean jacket, with my necklace with teal, orange and white beads on it. Then I straightened my hair but teased it to get volume. I added a little mascara and eye shadow then walked out to meet Austin on my bed.

"Does this look okay?" he looked up from his phone and smiled. "You look great now let's go get some Starbucks!" I grabbed my phone and put on my white flip flops then we walked down stairs together.

My mom walked over to me and gave me a big hug. "Happy birthday Mer! See you after school and don't forget about our family dinner! I love you and you'll get your present after school!"

My brothers then walked downstairs and gave me a big hug also. "God I can't believe you're already 16. My little sis is growing up too fast." Mitchell said while whiping a fake tear away. I chuckled "well look at you Mr. about to be 18 year old." We both laughed then Mitchell walked over to and was talking to Austin.

I felt two little things or should I say someones wrap around my legs. I looked down to see Mason and Matt. "So are you Mason and you're Matt?" I said purposely messing up there names. They laughed. "No I'm Mason" "And I'm Matt!" I giggled "Silly me!" I picked them both up. "Happy Birthday sissy! we love you" they said in unison making me hug them tightly. "I love you too guys! I'll see you after school and this Saturday we'll have a brother -sister day! Okay?" I felt bad because I'm never around anymore so I'm going to make it up to them. They cheered and both said yes.

I walked over to Austin, "ready to go?" he did a broshake with Mitchell and said yes. "Bye y'all! See you after school! Love you!!!" They all said love you back.

Austin ran in front of me and opened my door for me. "Thank you" I said while blushing.. Woah I blushed. "No problem." he smiled. I hadn't checked my phone all morning so I unlocked it and my notifications were going crazy.

"Wow." I was amazed. "What?" Austin asked while leaning over to see. "Eyes on the road! But my notifications are blowing up. I forreal wasn't expecting this." I bit my lip and smiled while looking at the photos people posted of me on Instagram. "Looks like you're a well loved person." I looked up and smiled at him and went on to twitter looking at the tweets people tweeted me. I was interrupted by Austin when he told me we were at Starbucks. If you're wondering why we're still not at school it's because I got up an hour earlier.

We ordered our usual and sat down waiting for our names to be called. I went back on to twitter and saw I got a dm from my ex Ross. This should be good. I read it and he was just saying how much he missed me and loved me and all that other bullshit. He said happy birthday so I thanked him and left it at that. Speaking of boyfriend I haven't got anything from him.

I went to my text messages and saw nothing from him. What the hell?! "So get this," Austin looked up from his phone. "my ex boyfriend texts me a long ass paragraph saying happy birthday and other shit like that and yet my current boyfriend hasn't said shit." Austin looked just as mad as I was. "He better come up with some good shit to back it up."

"Austin and The Birthday Day Girl your order is ready." I looked over at a smiling Austin. "You didn't." I smiled back at him. "I did." then everyone started singing.

Once they were finished I said thank you and we left. He opened the door for me and I smiled at him. When he got in and turned the car on our song Baby by Justin Bieber was on. We both looked at each other and started to sing loudly. "I KNOW YOU LOVE ME, I KNOW YOU CARE JUST SHOUT WHEN EVER AN I'LL BE THERE!" we started laughing and I turned the volume down. "Will you take a birthday selfie with me?" I said with puppy dog eyes. "Ugh okay fine just because it's your birthday." I smiled and got my phone ready. "With the Starbucks!" He laughed and grabbed his Starbucks. "Cheese!" I snapped the picture and looked at it. I liked it a lot! "I love it! Instagram worthy?" he examined the picture and smiled "Insta worthy."

I got on Instagram and captioned it birthday selfie with my white girl😂😘❤️ I posted it and within a minute I had 15 likes and 6 comments. "Well Austin it looks like the people love us" I showed him my phone. "Well peasants should love royalty." I went through the comments and one said date already with heart eyes. I showed him and we bursted out into laughter. Then I got a text... from Bennett. Maybe he didn't forget. I opened it up.

My World😘❤️💙😍💕💚💘💍💎💋🌎- What the fuck are you doing with him! And why do you have a fucking KISSING EMOJI BY HIS NAME ON YOUR PHOTO?!

Hold up. He did not just go there.

A/C- picture of Meredith's outfit on the side! I figured I'm not going to get that many likes/comments so I'm just going to update when I have the time.

What did you think?

Fan

Comment

Vote

And enjoy(: