Chapter 9: Jealousy

RECAP:

When I turned around, I wasn't prepared for what I saw. I only left for a few minutes! I couldn't believe what I was witnessing in front of me; Marcus and Alexis were lip locking on the sofa oblivious to my presence. They were so into the kiss that they didn't even realise when I came in, this is ridiculous. For some reason, a wave of jealously washed through me, as I dropped the shopping bags once again and marched over to their direction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A wave of jealously hit me like a tonne of bricks, fuelling my veins with red hot anger, overwhelming my body with sadness and filling my chest with pangs of hurt. I don't know why I was feeling this way but I was compelled to bring an end to the make out session on my sofa. As I got closer, I could hear them softly moaning between the kiss, causing my blood to boil. Even though Alexis was one my closest of friends, I wanted to rip her head off and scratch her eyes out--My thoughts were never this violent. I stopped in my tracts about an arm length in front of the happy love birds. I can't believe they still haven't noticed my presence. I wanted to yank them apart yet I would have no legitimate reason for such abrupt actions, so I swallowed the jealousy and tried to be calm about the situation. I coughed to get their attention and they still didn't acknowledge me. I couldn't take this anymore.

"EXCUSE ME, CAN YOU TWO STOP SUCKING EACH OTHERS FACES OFF IN MY APARTMENT AND EXPLAIN THIS TOO ME!" Instantly, Marcus and Alexis jumped apart, startled and shocked at my sudden outburst. Alexis looked even more shocked, as she knew for a fact that I hardly ever scream at people or lose my temper. All rational thinking was gone and jealously took over like the overpowering heat of a spicy savoury dish.

"V-Victoria...I-" Marcus began, but I cut him off.

"I LEAVE YOU FOR TWENTY MINUTES MARCUS, AND THIS IS WHAT YOU DO! I CAN'T LEAVE MY APARTMENT WITHOUT BEING STALKED BY MY PSYCO EX BOYFRIEND, AND I COME BACK HOME TO FIND YOU TO LIP LOCKING TOTALLY OBLIVIOUS TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS. I COULD HAVE BEEN DYING AND YOU TWO WOULDN'T HAVE NOTICED!" I bellowed.

Alexis held her hands out in caution. "Victoria, calm down we were only-"

"Don't you DARE, tell me to calm down in my own home, and I know perfectly well what you two were doing so don't remind me. Alexis, your the one who told me not to complicate things and look what you do. You kissing him," I pointed at Marcus, who looked half scared to death, "would definitely complicate things! And WHY are you ALWAYS in my house! You've been coming more frequently since Marcus came here and I now know exactly why!" My eyes started to water, yet the firmness in my voice never faltered. "I can't even look at you two right now, you make me sick. Marcus, you are sleeping on the inflatable bed tonight! And Alexis, please leave my apartment and don't come back uninvited again!!" Marcus gave me a look of hurt and sadness and was about to say something, but I turned on my heels and stormed off into my bedroom. I opened the bedroom door, slammed it shut, and ran to my bed in order to collapse into the comfort of my soft mattress and fluffy pillows.

-----------

Marcus'/Trevor's POV:

9:00PM...

I sat down on the sofa eating a portion of the lasagne I made for me and Victoria. She hasn't left her room all day, and I'm starting to get a bit worried. I don't understand why she was so angry, I felt so bad about what happened and for upsetting her. Now she probably thinks that I like Alexis. Some how I feel like I owe her an explanation.

This morning, Alexis came to borrow Victoria's hair straightener, and I told her that Victoria went shopping, so Alexis decided to wait for Victoria's return and watch TV with me. We were watching Breakfast, and out of nowhere, Alexis turns to me and said that I had something on my face and lightly rubbed my cheek with her thumb. She then caressed my face and planted her lips on to mine. At first I was shocked, but I eventually got into it--There was no spark, like when Victoria's lips touched mine, yet the lust was there. Victoria didn't really show much interest in me so I didn't think that I was doing something wrong by kissing Alexis. Now, I feel regret and shame; that's what I felt when I saw the look of disgust and anger on Victoria's face..and I thought I saw betrayal too...but why would she feel betrayed? Maybe she was jealous, yet I highly doubt it.

I was conflicted as to whether I should bring the Lasagne to Victoria as a piece offering or just leave it in the microwave, however, I don't know how she would react. Will she still be angry at me? She's had plenty of time to cool off, right? I took a deep breath and took Victoria's plate of Lasagne out of the microwave then made my way to her bedroom. I lightly knocked twice and waited nervously.

"Go away!" A very angry yet sexy voice answered on the other side. Just hearing her voice made me feel better, even though it was laced with annoyance.

"Ah come on Victoria, please don't be difficult. I made you lasagne, and you haven't eaten all day, let alone left your room." I replied. I was met with silence. After what felt like forever, she finally responded.

"OK, bring it in, then leave, and don't speak to me." She demanded. I felt the sting of her words which indicated that she was still mad at me. I opened her door, and entered the bedroom to see that she was lying in her bed with her back facing me and the covers over her head. I placed the lasagne on her bed side table, crossed my arms and just stood there, waiting for her to turn around. Victoria must of realised that I wasn't going to leave so she angrily flung the covers off of her, sat up and turned her head to me."Why are you still here?" Her voice was ice cold.

"I'm not leaving unless you stop acting so immature and talk about what happened."

"Says the guy who was acting like a hormone-crazed-teenager this morning, snogging the life out of my neighbour as soon as I turn my back!" She spat.

"Why are you acting like this Victoria? Are you jealous or something?!"

"Jealous? Jealous? Of you and her?" Her tone was full of disgust. "Michael called me when I was coming back from the shop, and claimed that he was watching me. Scared for my life, I ran back to my apartment only to find you and Alexis making out, in my time of need! So excuse me for being angry!" I felt terrible. It all makes sense now, and here I thought she was actually jealous. That bastard was stalking her and I was too preoccupied to comfort her.

"Victoria I'm so sorry, I didn't know, I-" The sudden pounding of the front door interrupted my apology. Me and Victoria looked at each other with fear of the unknown, and caution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHO'S AT THE DOOR?

I MIGHT UPDATE TOMMORROW SO VOTE, COMMENT AND FAN. HOPE YOU LIKED IT. ANOTHER PICTURE OF MICHAELGORY AT THE SIDE----------------------->