Chapter 30-Victory

Geoffrey POV

"You're acting strange," muttered Paige opposite to me on the dinner table.

I looked at her, bored and nonchalant.

"I'm always strange," I replied.

Butler Mike suddenly came in carrying the glass of coffee I requested.

"Here's your coffee Young Master, anything else?" asked Mike as he put the cup in front of me.

"No, that's all Mike, thank you," I replied giving him a small smile, he at least deserved that from me.

Butler Mike turns to look at Paige.

"How about you my lady?" he asked.

"Oh, I'm good Mike, thank you for asking though," replied Paige smiling.

Mike gave one last bow before heading back towards the kitchen.

"Mike is nice," muttered Paige after shoving down the vegetable salad on her mouth, "I like him," then she paused as if thinking if she should say what's on her mind or not, "I think he should come with us once we have our own house after the wedding."

When I heard her, all the pressure of my responsibility to the company came so sudden that I need to look away on her happy and smiling face. How about Methel? Should I just let her go? Let another guy kiss her? Let another guy make love to her? Make another guy be with her?

"Hey Geoffrey," said Paige quite alarmed.

I looked at her to see what her problem is and when I saw her face, I see that she is really worried about me.

"A while ago you look strange," muttered Paige, her eyebrows knitting together, "and now you look tired and desperate, what is wrong? Are you on drugs or something?"

Am I on drugs or something? I laughed hearing her. After all this time, Paige is still here for me. I had shown her how jerk I was, how stupid I was but she is still here. She is really persistent and loyal.

"I'm not on drugs," I told her, "I'm just thinking something," or someone.

She nodded her.

"All right," then she looks on her phone, "remember Geoffrey, you have an appointment to Mr. Dangalan for---" I cut her off.

"Yeah I know," I brushed her off, "my guest list."

She smiled at me, as if she already heard my "I do" on the altar.

"What?" I asked her confused.

"Nothing," her small smile ceased, she stood up and walked towards mine, "I'll see you tonight," she kissed me on the cheeks before going out God knows where.

When she is finally out of sight, I finally have the chance to slump on my seat. My god! What should I do? The thought of Phillip or some random guy with Methel, really is killing me! She's only mine! There's also that responsibility to my company. If I ditch the wedding, the merger of Paige company to our company will not happen. My father and my mother will surely go nuts and what about those people who are already expected to work in the new company? How about that ten thousand people?

I face palmed myself. One girl versus ten thousand people plus the wrath of my mother.

Life is unfair.

Methel POV

I was laughing really hard listening to Robb's story. My God! This boy is so adorable I want to bring him home.