A Climatic Fight begins

Mikoto was silent for the longest time, as her fellow guild mates watched her.. 

Usopp's face was burned into her mind.. burned like a branding that would not heal.

the Straw Hats were taking the loss particularly hard.. and Luffy, everyone gave a bit of a wide berth.. as everyone could sense an unending rage over his dead crew mate burning within. 

But all they could do for now.. was wait in the hotel as a new stadium was built.. and the gods were questioned one by one.. carefully.. 

Half the gods it seemed.. were taking part in conspiracy.. a conspiracy that they wished to keep from the other gods.. especially Elohim.. what was going on? What truth had Usopp uncovered only to be destroyed by Vetranos?

Mikoto almost debated asking Prankster to look into it himself.. but what if the gods killed him too!? Prankster was the best of the best when it came to finding out things under other's noses.. but Mikoto wasn't keen on risking her own godfather's life.. she didn't want to lose anybody else. 

Suddenly, the door to the hotel room opened, and in stepped Skea.

"The questioning is resuming.." said the goddess with a sigh. "But as this happens, I see no reason why the competition can't continue. All remaining teams should head to the new arena... The statue of Diablo Grimace has been moved there as well.. and.. here's another thing..  This time it's a Winner take all.."

"Winner Takes all?" said Gray.

"We've wasted too much time on the Diablo Grimace challenge to begin with." said Skea. "If we take too much time, the allotted time we are allowed to resume this challenge will vanish for another bunch of years..  this tournament isn't an ordinary competition.. we must allow it to finish.. there ARE consequences for not allowing it to finish. Therefore.. this will be a battle royale between all teams involving one member from each of the teams.

Mikoto clenched her fists as Skea left the room.. she looked at Natsu and the others, and gestured for everyone to move in close.

"I'm going to need you all to do something for me.." Mikoto whispered. "If this plan succeeds, we'll be able to make sure Usopp didn't die in vain.. but.. I won't lie.. there's a chance more of us might die.."

Mikoto's voice shook as she said this. She did NOT want to risk anybody more.. which is why this plan had to work.

"I'm going in this round.. I'm going after Vetranos's team.. no questions asked.." Mikoto said. 

Erza smiled. "Wouldn't expect any less of you.."

"But.. I'm not leaving whatever Usopp discovered to chance... I am NOT going to let what he found sink into the shadows.. and I won't have gods fight our battles for us.." said Mikoto. "Frieza.."

Everyone started in surprise, and looked to the corner of the room.. where the former Emperor of Goku's universe stood.. his back to the rest of the group of Guild people who had controlled him.. held him prisoner.. so that his evil might not spread..

Frieza turned his head slowly, his eyes gleaming. "Oh? You must be quite desperate.. if you're looking at somebody like me for help.."

"What makes you think she's looking at you for help?" said Lucy, looking at Frieza with disgust. "She might just want Prankster to turn you back into a Goldfish.."

Frieza chuckled deviously, smiling slightly. "Ohohohoho... don't play coy with me everyone.. we all know I'm the most expendable one here.. I'm evil.. cunning.. I've killed thousand.. oh.. Millions.. without batting an eye.. and still sleep cool as a cucumber at night.. if there's anybody you would feel no guilt over losing... it's me.. isn't that right? Railgun dear?"