True Friends

Huge shoutout to Cloudyromxnce for supporting my book and introducing me to Romeo ♡ The gif of Tae is for you (;

Namjoon

I walked into Hoseok's room to see him taking his shirt off and grabbing another one. I leaned against the door frame and crossed my arms, waiting for him to notice my presence. Once he turned around, he immediately beamed at me.

"Good morning, Namjoon. Sleep well?" he asked and continued to put his new black button up shirt on. He stood in the mirror and watched himself as he buttoned it up.

"I slept alright," I sighed, and pushed myself off of the door frame and walked further into his room. I sat down on his bed that was covered in the crisp paper like white sheets. "I had another nightmare," I mumbled.

I had recurring nightmares from time to time. I experienced a traumatic event during my childhood and it was coming back to haunt me. Sometimes I feel like it's my punishment for what I'm doing to these boys and the group before.

"Why didn't you come get me like you normally do?" Hoseok asked and sat down beside me after finishing with his outfit. He placed his hand on my knee and rubbed his thumb up and down. It comforted me and I smiled down at his hand. I looked at him beside me with a look of appreciation.

"I knew you had a long night," I said, referring to what had happened with Taehyung. It made me wonder if what we were doing was right. Which, I knew on no level that it was right, but I've never had doubts before.

"That wouldn't have stopped me from taking care of you, Namjoon. I'll always be here for you," he said and I could hear the love in his voice. I smiled kindly at him and he frowned. "What's wrong?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned back.

"There's this look in your eye. What's wrong?"

I sighed and looked away, biting my bottom lip. Should I tell him what I've been thinking? That I've been doubting what we've done together all these years?

He grabbed hold of my chin and gently turned my head so I was facing him once more.

"Hey, tell me what's wrong. I'm here for you."

I looked into his eyes and spoke, "Do you ever feel like what we're doing here is. . . is wrong?" I saw something flash in his eyes and felt his grip on my chin become tighter. I pulled away, frowning at him.

"Don't tell me you're doubting this, Namjoon. We've been working for this all of our lives." He stood up and walked to his dresser, opening his drawers and closing them absentmindedly.

"I-I know, but what you did to Taehyung. . . He's gonna be scarred for life. He's never going to be the same again. Hoseok, we've never done anything like that before," I tried to reason with him and stood up, standing behind him.

"You don't know that," he mumbled. That took me by surprise.

"Don't tell me you've-you've raped someone before," I whispered. It took everything in me not to yell at him because I already knew the answer once he didn't reply to me. "Who was it?" I said through gritted teeth and you could hear the struggle in my voice.