Chapter 9

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 9

━━━━━━━━━

3 months later

"Chase, I'm not sure if you want to see this." Donald said as Chase paced around the top floor. This was already horrible, how much worse could it get?

"Douglas enterprise has already surpassed us in the business world, and, Marcus stole Bree from me, how much worse can it get?" Chase replied sarcastically. Donald sighed as he passed the magazine to Chase. This months issue of CEO monthly sat in Chases hands. Chase was really starting to hate this magazine. Chase sat down on the couch by his father who watched his son closely.

"Marcus Greenburg engaged to assistant, and girlfriend, of three months, Bree Henderson." Chase read, his voice cracking at every word. How could he let this happen? Marcus was supposed to screw up! Not end up with the only girl Chase has ever loved!

"Why did you make me break up with her? Now I'm just some fling she had three months ago! I'm nothing to her and I'm still in love with her!" Chase yelled as he began to pace around again. Chase was furious. This shouldn't be happening. Marcus doesn't deserve Bree. Bree needs someone who will ditch conventions with her and get to know her while they eat ice cream. She needs someone who is willing to take risks for her, not someone who will ignore her for the business.

"Chase, I know this shouldn't have happened. If you just listen to me, I want to make this right. I have a plan." Donald said as he put a hand on his son's shoulder to stop him. Chase crossed his arms over his chest but nodded. He did need some help in this particular situation.

"What do you have in mind?" Chase asked. Donald smiled.

"Well, first we have to figure out if she still likes you. You have to call her." Donald said as he picked his son's phone up off the table sitting next to them. He handed it to Chase with confidence. Chase laughed at his father. He really thought he was good. Donald saw the doubt in Chases eyes.

"Hey, do keep in mind I found a wife for myself, and, I was able to get Jannel with Leo. How amazingly handsome, and smart, am I?" Donald said. Chase rolled his eyes as he began to dial Brees number. He lifted the phone up to his ear and waited for the answer.

"Chase! Hey, I've been meaning to talk with you." Bree said. She began to whisper.

"Bree, are you okay?" Chase asked. He heard shuffling and then the slam of a door.

"I really need to talk with you. Can I meet you somewhere?" Bree asked hopefully. Chase smiled as he thought of where they could meet.

"Why not at my house? Do you need a ride?" Chase asked. She laughed quietly.

"No, I can get there. I'll see you in a bit. By Chase." Bree said with a loving tone. Chase smiled.

"By Bree." Chase said before hanging up the phone. He turned to see his father with his hands covering his mouth. Sometimes, Chase wondered why people called him a genius. He just thought his father was crazy.

"Go meet her!" Donald said as he slapped Chase on the back. Chase laughed then nodded.

"Thanks, dad." Chase called over his shoulder as he made his way to the elevator. He tried to keep calm as he waited for the elevator to reach the ground floor. He couldn't wait to see Bree. He literally hadn't seen her for three months. Marcus had made it pretty clear that Bree was not suppose to speak with someone of the rival company. But now, Bree wanted to meet with him. She wanted to see him. And whether or not that meant this was he last time; Chase would still have closure.