Chapter 13

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 13

━━━━━━━━━

No. This couldn't be true. She didn't feel anything... Right? She couldn't feel anything towards Marcus. He was the evil boss, while Chase was the good one. So, he was the bad boy, with a soft side. Bree let her head fall back against the seat of her car. She had always had a thing for bad boys. Even mediocre bad boys.

How could she let this happen? For the past three months, she's only been able to think of Chase. She's been here, with Marcus, the whole time, and felt nothing. So, the real question is, what changed? Bree shook her head.

She had a job... Two jobs. She had to get the files to Marcus so she could be done there. Then, she would be able to be Chase's assistant for the rest of her working life, and someday, be the next Mrs. Davenport. That's how things should be, right? That is what she wanted. She's been fighting to be with Chase this whole time. She couldn't let Marcus cloud that view. She loved Chase. She was in love with Chase. Bree smiled as she thought of them, together. It just seemed right. Bree nodded to herself before starting the car and heading home. Chase had given her the day off anyway. Marcus on the other hand, had given her the key to the top floor. She had the code and keys to get inside. The only question was... When to go. She could go any time she wanted, tonight or tomorrow. But, there was the chance that Donald and Chase would pull an all nighter. And, there was the security cameras. She had to be careful of that. When Chase took her, she got lucky. She was able to get in and out within seconds. This though, this may take a while. She decided that she would go the second that they left. She couldn't do this when they were on the top floor. She had to do this alone. Marcus had proof that the only computer in the world with those plans, was the super computer in the back room on the top floor.

Bree picked up her bag and made her way to the second floor apartment she had been living in since freshmen year of college. She placed her things on the table and changed before sitting down on the couch. She picked up her phone to see one missed text.

Hey :) I just wanted to see if you got home okay.

Bree smiled as she continued to look down at the text. Chase was always thinking of her, she couldn't ask for better. She didn't know what to say back.

Yeah :) I've been home for a while :P thanks for checking.

Bree sighed and threw her phone lightly to the other side of the couch. She couldn't do this. She couldn't lead Chase on when she was pretty sure she liked Marcus as well. Bree wanted so badly to hate Marcus. She wanted to only be thinking of Chase. But with Marcus, things seemed a bit easier. She wouldn't have to pretend she was working for him only to quit after she got what she needed. But... Bree knew deep down, she loved Chase. There was no denying that. She shook her head and decided to sleep before heading out later. She pushed a pillow up under her head, and waited for sleep to hit.

********************************************

"Ugh." Bree groaned as she lifted her phone to see the time was, none other than, midnight. Chase and his father had been working for 12 hours straight. She rolled her eyes and decided to head up and investigate more. She left her car parked in the alley and used the card key Marcus had made her to get in the alleyway door.

Bree smiled as she remembered the first day Chase had spoken to her for real. That was the day they actually got to know each other.

Bree quietly made her way over to the elevator at he back and hid in the bathroom. She sighed as she met the darkness. She leaned against the wall and slid down to the floor. She closed her eyes listened impatiently. She wanted so badly to just sneak up there now, get this over with. But no, Chase and his father just had to stay until all hours of the night. Bree took her phone out and texted Chase.