Chapter 22

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 22

━━━━━━━━━

"You did remember to get me a drink right? Cause I'm pretty sure you found yourself a tall glasses of water on the second floor! You lier!" Adam yelled into the phone. Chase laughed and grabbed Bree's hand before leading them over to the elevator.

"I will give you a dollar, and you can go get yourself a soda." Chase reasoned. Adam laughed into the phone.

"Oh, you think that you can just give me a dollar and I will be totally cool with the fact that you left me to go make out with your girlfriend?" Adam said.

"You're the one that left her down here in the first place." Chase countered. Bree laughed and hit the fourth floor button.

"Touché. Oh, and your dad is awake. Say hi, Mr. Davenport." Adam said. Chase frowned as he waited to hear his fathers voice in the phone.

"Did you seriously leave Adam and I for a little hospital make out session with your girlfriend? Come on Chase! I'm on my last leg!" Donald said teasingly into the phone.

"Just for that I'm not counting your pun." Chase said before he hung up. He slipped the phone back into his pocket as the doors slid open. Chase lead Bree over to the ICU only to see his father and Adam laughing like the village idiots we all know and love. Chase rolled his eyes and walked over with Bree right behind him.

"Hey!" Adam greeted happily. Chase smiled and turned to his supposedly dying father.

"Do you feel better?" Chase asked hopefully.

"Oh yeah. Like a million bucks. Not like I broke my leg at all." Donald replied sarcastically. Chase laughed lightly as he looked to see Bree fighting a laugh.

"Oh, it's my acclaimed acquaintance! I didn't even see you there." Adam greeted. Bree sighed and turned to look at her tall friend.

"Adam. I was kidding." Bree stated simply. Chase frowned and looked between the two.

"What happened?" Chase asked.

"I asked if she wanted to be best friends forever, and you know what she said?" Adam hissed.

"She said you were acquaintances?" Chase wondered. Adam's eyes widened.

"Yeah, she did." Adam said. Bree laughed and turned back to looked at Chase's father. Donald watched intently as the three bickered back and forth.

"No please, don't mind me." Donald replied. Chase shook his head and turned to glance out into the hallway.

"Where is my husband?" Tasha shrieked as she stormed past the receptionists desk with Leo following close behind. Leo stopped just outside of the ICU as he noticed his step brother and Adam... And another person he didn't know.

"Mom! I found them!" Leo announced as he walked into the ICU. Tasha raced in after him and stopped as she reached Donald's bed.

"Oh my gosh, Donald! Are you alright?" Tasha asked. She slowly moved up to the head of the bed to face her husband.

"Tasha, I'm fine." Donald replied. She nodded, still looking worriedly around the room.

"Who is she?" Leo asked as he pointed to Bree. Bree smiled shyly as Chase wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer.

"This is Bree. My girlfriend." Chase answered happily. Bree stiffened against Chase as she heard those words. The memories of their fight suddenly can flooding back to her. It didn't seem right. How was Chase able to forgive her as if nothing happened? Any of her other boyfriends, would have told her to get lost, and never wish to speak to her again. What made Chase so different?