Chapter 17

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 17

━━━━━━━━━

Bree woke up that next morning to a bright light shining in her eyes.

That's weird, I always have my blinds closed.

She looked around to see papers everywhere. Bree attempted to get up, but was instantly pulled back down to the couch she was on. Bree's eyes went wide as she wondered who it could be. She relaxed as she remembered she and Chase had fallen asleep on the couch last night while planning the conference. They had successfully gotten the date changed to Monday and weren't going to release it to the press until tomorrow night. They had sent out re-invites to all the important guest though. They couldn't have Marcus finding out about this. Bree sighed as she turned to face Chase. She was quiet as he pulled her closer to him. Bree leaned up with her head resting on Chase's chest while he wrapped his arms tighter around him. She smiled and leaned in closer. She knew the second that Chase woke up, he would act as if nothing had happened. This was the closest she was going to get to him... Ever. She was pretty sure Chase would never consider dating her again, but this friendship thing was going to have to work. She shivered as the cooler started again. Chase stiffened as he felt her movement. She closed her eyes right as she waited for him to pull away. She opened her eyes slightly to see Chase waking up. He glanced down at her before pulling her close again and watching as she slept. Bree wanted to smile. She wanted to lean up and kiss him. Basically, she wanted to make everything better. But that couldn't happen. She had to cover what she wanted. She had to remember how she got herself here. She put this on herself. She caused this, all of this. Marcus gave her an offer, and she took it. She didn't have to. She was the reason for all of this.

"Bree I know you're up." Chase whispered. Bree stopped breathing momentarily. Chase laughed.

"Now I know for a fact that you're awake." Chase whispered as he leaned in a kissed her forehead. Bree smiled as his lips warmed her forehead. She hugged Chase tighter before she remembered that they weren't an item anymore. Bree opened her eyes and slowly untangled herself from him. Chase quickly caught her arm before she rose from the couch and pulled her back.

"What's up?" He asked worriedly. Bree let her eyes fall to his hand which was now resting over hers.

"it's just, we're not..." Bree left off. Chase shook his head.

"I didn't mean that last night." Chase said simply. Bree's heart dropped to her stomach. He didn't even want to be friends?

"So if you don't want to be friends... Then what are we? Acquaintances? People who used to know each other but don't talk anymore?" Bree ranted as she walked away from him. Chase sighed and caught her hand. He spun her around to face him only to make her run into his chest in the process.

"Bree... I don't want any of that." Chase said sternly. He was sick of all this indecisiveness. They had to work this out. The only problem, he still didn't trust her. He would just have to get over it.

"We'll them what do you want?" Bree whispered. Chase pulled her closer by the hips.

"What I want, is for everything to just go-" Chase was interrupted by his phone. Bree looked expectantly for Chase to continue. He threw his head back in annoyance as he pulled away from Bree and answered his phone.

"Hello?" Chase hissed into the phone.

"We'll good morning to you too, son." Donald said sarcastically into the phone. Chase rolled his eyes.