Chapter 11

━━━━━━━━━

Chapter 11

━━━━━━━━━

Bree walked calmly out of the building she knew all too well. She had been in here many times that Chase didn't even know about. She calmly made her way up the stairs to the fourth floor landing where she pushed the door open to reveal the staff that she had come to love. Unlike those at Greenburg, they actually looked liked they enjoyed their jobs. Chase treated them like real people when Davenport didn't. Marcus just followed in his father's footsteps and treated them like payed slaves.

"Why, Ms. Henderson. How nice to see you." Chase said as he met her by the receptionist desk. Bree smiled at her secret boyfriend.

"Why hello, Mr. Davenport. Is there any way I could speak with you?" Bree asked as professionally as she could. Chase smiled down at her.

"Of course. Please, follow me." Chase said as they walked over to his office. Chase shut the door and quietly locked it. He turned to see Bree seated where she usually sat at the chair in front of his desk. He smiled down at his girlfriend as he took the seat next to her.

"So, what's up?" Chase said trying to start conversation. Bree could see he knew something was up. She smiled nervously as she thought about what she was about to do. She was about to ruin the first relationship that has actually worked out for her. She couldn't do that. All Marcus wanted her to do, was get those stupid blue prints for the bionic chip. If she could do that, no one would ever know. Then, maybe one day she could be Mrs. Davenport and stand by Chase's side at all of those fancy diners. Maybe she could be the one to calm him down after a long and difficult day at work. She wanted to be with him more than she had ever wanted anything in her life. If giving those plans to Marcus was what it took, then she would do it. As long as she got to keep Chase.

"Bree?" Chase asked worriedly. She smiled up at her boyfriend.

"Oh it was nothing. I just wanted to say good morning in a more unprofessional way." Bree said slyly as she stood up and made her way over to Chase. He smiled and wrapped his arms around her waist before she moved her lips to his. He smiled into the kiss as Bree wrapped her arms around his neck. He pulled her closer before they heard a knock at the door. Chase pulled away unwillingly as Bree rested her head on his chest. He laughed quietly as he untangled himself from her and moved towards the door. Bree sighed and sat back down in the chair. She turned to see Chase's father standing on the other side. He smiled and whispered to Chase before walking away. Chase smiled and turned to face her.

"Too floor?" Chase asked. Bree laughed and nodded. Chase held out his hand and led her down the halls to the elevator where Donald had gone up. As Chase punched in the code, Bree remembered. This could be the perfect time to get Marcus' plans. She had a spare flash drive in her pocket. This could be her ticket out. Chase motioned for her to follow him into the elevator. Chase hit the top floor while Bree began to text Marcus.

I'll do it, I'll get you the plans. My only condition is you keep this deal a secret. I can't have him finding out.

Within seconds he texted back.

Fine. Have it your way. Just know I'll be here whenever you're able to get it. Davenport's probably got that file locked away in a safe somewhere.

Bree slipped her phone back into her pocket as they reached the top floor. Chase took her hand as they walked into the living area. Donald sat on one of the couches and had set out water bottles and crackers. Bree laughed quietly at his attempt to have a small lunch party. She wouldn't be surprised if they ordered pizza.

"Hey guys. Please sit." Donald greeted. Chase shook his head with a smile and sat on the opposite couch with Bree following close behind. They each waited for Donald to start.

"What's up dad?" Chase asked warily. Donald smiled brightly as he brought his hands to his mouth in excitement.

"I, you know, just wanted to see you and your girlfriend." Donald let his mouth fall open excitedly as Chase just laughed at his father. Bree smiled as she thought of the months before when he had forced her to quit indirectly. She shook her head and continued to act as if nothing was wrong. As if she wasn't working for the rival company behind their backs.

"Sure dad. As you know this is Bree Henderson. She is now my assistant, again, and we are seeing each other." Chase explained with a smile as he turned to face Bree. She smiled lovingly up at her boyfriend as Donald practically squealed with excitement.

"Okay, so when should we start to plan the wedding?" Donald said seriously. Both Bree and Chase turned to face him with wide eyes. Chase glared down at his father.

"Dad, it's a little early to be thinking-"

"I was kidding. Gosh, this guy. Take a joke buddy." Donald said as he held up his hand for a high five with Bree. She laughed and high fived Donald before looking over to see Chase with his head in his hands. She smiled sympathetically as she reached for his hand.

"Dad, why did you really call us up here?" Chase asked in an annoyed tone. He sighed and began to explain.

"I needed to tell you something, and I'm sure Bree would love to know as well." Donald started. Chase sat up straight as he waited impatiently for him to go on.

"What is it?" Bree asked.

"Greenberg Enterprises was just name company of the month.. Their CEO, is announcing their next big project at a press conference next week. We have to beat them to it. I've heard from multiple sources that they are planning to unveil the very project we've been working on for years." Donald said, hinting towards Chase. Chase's eyes grew wide at the realization.

"Wait, you mean-"

"Yes, Chase. I mean they are going to introduce the bionic chip, before we can."

━━━━━━━━━

Thanks for reading!

Vote, Comment, or Follow either me or music501 when you can!

~Shay