Chapter 2

** Sign Language is in ITALICS.

***********

"I'm fixing to leave you guys alone so yall can get acquainted." Cindy smiles. "I'll be back in a little bit. Bye, guys."

"Bye." Tim says as the others wave. "Well, I guess we need to show you guys around."

He reaches down for Satchmo's leash and stands up.

Adam starts to reach for his arm but Austin waves him off.

Chris follows Tim into the kitchen but Rob grabs Adam by the arm.

"Don't worry about Tim getting around in this house." Austin whispers. "He knows it like the back of his hand."

"Yeah, just don't move the furniture around. We did that once just for a change and Tim almost killed himself running over things. We haven't done it since." Rob chuckles.

"I'll remember that." Adam laughs.

"Austin and Chance does most of the grocery shopping since Betty's passing." Tim was saying as the others come into the kitchen. "So I have no idea what is in these cabinets. Same for the fridge. Except for this." Tim smiles as he reaches into the fridge on the second shelf, left-hand side and got a beer. "Want one?"

"Don't mind if I do." Chris smiles, taking the beer that was offered.

"No thank you." Adam smiles.

"Do you drink?" Tim asks with a raised brow.

"Oh, yeah." Adam nods. "Mainly mixed drinks.

"Cool." Tim smirks, mocking Adam from earlier.

They continue the tour of the lower floor. Hardwood floors throughout the house. The walls in each room were painted beautiful colors. Giving the home a very warm relaxed feeling.

Large sliding patio doors in the dining room led to a huge backyard surrounded by a privacy fence. An in-ground swimming pool, firepit, beautiful patio furniture, a gas grill and a flower garden was all a plus.

"Wow, this is absolutely beautiful. Looks like something out of a magazine." Adam says as he tries to take in everything.

"I'll take your word for it." Tim smiles.

"We spend a lot of time out here." Austin says with a smile.

"Do yall take care of all of this or is there a gardener?" Chris asks.

"Betty hired someone to mow and to tend to the pool but the flower garden was her and Chance's baby." Tim answers.

"You did this? It's beautiful." Adam asks Chance as he points to the garden.

Chance nods and smiles proudly.

"Yeah, if you can't find him just look out here." Austin laughs.

"Shall we head upstairs?" Chris asks.

"Yall can use my elevator if you want." Rob chuckles as they head inside.

"Sure. Lead the way." Chris smiles.

"Adam? Mind if I kinda hang on to you?" Tim says. "Satchmo doesn't like the elevator too well. He panics and gets really fidgety. And my cane is in my room."

"Of course I don't mind." Adam says with a smile. The smiles and the glances of the others did not go unnoticed by Adam.

Chance taps Austin on the arm to get his attention.

"What is Tim talking about? Satch isn't scared of the elevator. And he can go up and down the stairs without his cane just as good as any of us." Chance says in sign language.