Chapter 3

*** Sign Language will be written in ITALICS!!

**********

Cindy came back a few hours later to pick up her sons. They needed to go home and pack. They promised to try and be back before a baseball game that the guys were wanting to watch came on.

"The Twins are going to kick some serious butt tonight. I can feel it." Rob grins as they load up on snacks to carry up to the man cave.

"It's going to be a good game." Austin smiles.

"Are you joining us, Tim?" Rob asks the brown eyed man that was sitting at the table drinking a beer.

"I seriously doubt it." Tim answers with a smile.

"You hiding away in your room again?" Austin asks, sitting down at the table.

"I don't hide. You know exactly where I'm at." Tim answers.

"Soooo, Tim? What do you think about that Adam Rupp. Huh?" Rob asks with a big grin.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Tim says, staring straight ahead but he could definitely feel the heat rising in his cheeks.

"Then why is he blushing?" Chance asks, looking at the others.

"Chance wants to know why you're blushing." Austin laughs.

"I don't know." Tim says with a shrug. "He's just really nice and he has a sweet voice."

"And he's cute. Trust me." Austin chuckles.

"Yeah, but he also might be straight." Tim says before finishing his beer. "I'll be in my room if you need me."

"Okay." Rob answers. "We need to get all this stuff upstairs to the attic."

"Yall have fun." Tim says as he makes his way to the stairs followed by Satchmo.

"Don't you need your cane?" Austin laughs as Tim starts up the stairs like a pro, holding on to the banister.

"No, I got this." Tim chuckles.

~~

The guys look around as the elevator door slides open. Chris comes hurrying out followed by a less enthused Adam.

"Has the game started yet?" Chris asks running to the bar to grab a beer.

"Just the pre-game show." Rob answers.

"Great!" Chris says grabbing him a seat.

"Well, I'm going to go hang my clothes up in my closet. Uh, where's Tim?" Adam asks looking around the room.

"In his room. Probably reading." Rob answers without taking his eyes off the t.v. screen.

Adam nods even though everyone was glued to the screen of the television. He gets into the elevator and heads back down to the second floor.

He didn't remember seeing Tim in his room when he went to throw his clothes on the bed. The lights were off so he might have been in bed already.

As he started to pass Tim's room, he noticed Tim's silhouette in the light cast from the hallway. He was lying in his bed, leaning against the headboard, propped up on pillows.

"Hey." Adam says with a smile as he turns on the light. "What are you doing sitting in the dark?"

Tim slowly turns his head toward the voice.

"Are you being serious right now?" Tim asks with a raised brow.

It suddenly dawned on Adam that he had just asked a blind man why he was sitting in the dark.