Chapter 4: Blue Glove

In the kitchen, Jack was inserting two slice bread into the toaster. He looked like a zombie from sleeping late and waking up early for this first day of school.

"Jeez it should be illegal to kids my age wake up so damn early in the weekdays" said Jack while staring down at the toaster, waiting for his two slice bread to jump out.

"Jack you want me to pour you some orange juice?" asked Tooth. "That would nice" replied Jack.

This morning Tooth looked different. Same goes for Bunny and Sandy. Mani sent them this magical spell that changed themselves to look more human. Tooth was a cute ginger with curly hair raining down on her shoulders and back. She wore a teal blouse and solid gray skirt. A pair of thick black glasses covered her eyes. She tied her hair into a ponytail to keep it together and away her face. Her smooth peach skin glistened in the morning rays that sneaked inside the kitchen window. As for, Bunny and Sandy, a simple dress code of jeans and graphics shirts. Bunny had more of a rock star look. An okay amount of a natural sun tan color, colored his skin, a worn out vintage shirt and torn up black jeans. Little Sandy, had an Adventure Time shirt with Finn and Jake in the front and Finn's ionic sword at the back. Who knew the little guy was a fan. He placed a Yankee baseball cap on his spikey sunburst hair.

"So Jack, do you like me take you to school today?" asked North. He wore a super fly business suit. It screamed out, new toy manager!

"Nah, I need to know how to use the public transportation here" said Jack. His two slice bread jumped out of the toaster's head. They flew in the air. Jack caught them with his plate. He grabbed the jar of Nutella and spread some on each slice. Then put the slices together. "What time is it?"

"Almost 7 o'clock," said Bunny while sipping his cup of coffee.

"Crap!" Jack rushed over to the table and drank his juice. Then put his toast in his mouth and dashed into the living room.

"Oi boi-yo you need this" North got up from his seat. His large belly shook the table a bit, causing some of the stuff on the table to fall off. Good thing Sandy and the others caught them. North jogged into the living room. He handed Jack a navy blue beanie.

"Here wear this for me. Its a good armor to control your powers. And to protect you from danger too." North continued on. "Please don't get into trouble."

Jack didn't know what say. "Um thanks" Jack kept it short so he won't drop his toast. He put on the beanie and slipped on his shoes. You can't hardly see Jack's white hair. Then grabbed his backpack and raced down the front steps. North stood out in the front porch and waved good-bye. He watched Jack run down the street.

It took awhile for North to notice something wrong with Jack. "Is that boy wearing shorts?" North whispered. Yes, Jack is wearing shorts during late Fall. It was his decision because he wasn't allowed to go around barefoot. Hey he's Jack Frost, the cold doesn't bother him.

Apparently, it was quite a blustery Monday morning in the city. The wind below some random debris in the streets, like flying ramen cups to three weeks old newspapers. Some residents hung onto their heavy coats and jackets to brace the change of the weather and season. But, Jack didn't mind, as long as no one found him crazy to wear shorts in this weather. It's alright, because in the city no one had time to stop and watch.

Jack went down a flight of stairs heading down to the subway station in his neighborhood. He opened his wallet and took out the Metrocard that North gave him. He put away his wallet into this back pocket. Then walked up to one of the gates and swiped his card to pass through.

"Now what train to take?" Jack took out his iPhone and reread the directions Bunny told him. "Okay the R train" Jack walked towards the signs that had the R train on it. Along the way he took out his Beats headphones and hook it up to his phone. For a Guardian, he kept up with the latest jams, but he preferred the ones from the past, especially the 90s.