Chapter 14: No Way Out

An icy hallway stretched by miles. It's tall arches hovered over Jack's head as he quietly strolled down the long tunnel of beautiful crystal-ice walls. They mirrored his reflection with great detail. It's like there was a million of him at once.

"Jack..." A fainted female voice echoed throughout the hall. "Jack…" There goes the voice again. Jack stopped for a moment looking so confused. "I know that voice."

"Jack…" The voice could be heard down the hall. Jack flew down the hall until he entered a great foyer made completely ice. The light from the moon sneaked through the architectural masterpiece as the light danced across ice. The place was beautiful and eerie at the same time.

"Jack." Elsa stepped out of the shadows and walked to the balcony that overlooked the foyer. Jack turned around and found Elsa wearing an off-the-shoulder crystal-blue dress with a right knee-high slit, a crystallized bodice, powder blue sleeves, a long transparent glitter trail cape, and pair of ice shoes with heels. She wore her signature makeup, purple eye shadow and dark pink lipstick. Elsa let her hair down. Her hair was placed on her left side as a braid, woven with snowflake incrustations. Then combed the wisps of her bangs as they slicked back on top of her head.

"Dayum." Jack whispered. "Elsa. You look stunning. Beautiful actually." He rubbed the back of his neck as he gazed up at her.

Elsa looked down at Jack longingly. "Thank you." She said politely. Jack floated from the ground. He turned around and admired the interior of the palace. "And this place. It wickedly amazing. Did you built this?" Jack flew up to the balcony. Elsa grabbed his hands. She looked deep into his eyes. He met hers. "Do you like it? Who knew I was capable of doing this."

"Now I know why you want to become an architect." Jack chuckled until he had a thought that came back to him which caused his smile to disappear. "Hey. About what happened, I want to -"

"It's alright. No need to apologize." Elsa touched Jack's face. Her angelic hand traced around the side of his face. She simply smiled at him. Jack was lost at her gaze.

"You're not mad at what -" Elsa placed her finger on Jack's lips. "Hey let's play a game."She backed away from Jack, turned around and headed up the flight of stairs taking her to the second floor of the palace. Jack chased after her. "Where are you going?" Elsa didn't stop for him to catch up, she was playfully tricking him into a game of hide and seek.

The second floor was an elaborate maze of long hallways, large opened and closed rooms, monstrous doors, and high-scale windows. Jack scanned throughout the floor for Elsa. He explored around every halls and rooms. Eventually, He took a sharp turn to another hallway.

From behind, Elsa dashed passed him, giggling happily. Jack looked over his shoulder. He followed the sound of Elsa's voice until he found her in a large open living space with a beautifully crafted balcony that looked over a mountain range in the distance.

"Elsa!" Jack's heart skipped a beat. In front of him, was something he wished he never saw. A doppelganger of himself had his hand tightly wrapped around Elsa's neck. His icy hand was a frightening image of monstrous spikes coming at the side of his arm. His doppelganger had pale gray skin and beaming red eyes.

"Jack!" Elsa tried to speak through Jack's doppelganger grip. He slowly choked her every minute. The doppelganger chuckled with delight whenever Elsa cried in pain.

"Let her go!" Jack shouted at him. "You let her go!" Said the doppelganger in a deep demonized tone. His voice caused Jack and Elsa to shake in fear.

"What do you mean, 'let her go'?" Jack ran towards the doppelganger and sent a blast of ice. The doppelganger formed a large icy tail and deflected the attack, slapping the blast away.