Chapter 12: What If I'm Ready To Fall

The weekend morning sun ran inside a room when Tooth opened the blinds. Jack hissed and pulled over his covers. Tooth smiled and walked by his bedside. She stroked his white hair like a mother happily playing with her child's hair. "Jack. Can we talk, please?" She asked nicely.

Jack peaked through his quilt and found Tooth hovering in his bedroom. Even though, she still looked human, she'll never let go of her powers. He removed his covers and set up right on his bedside.

"Oh. I made you breakfast. You must be tired from traveling last night" Tooth went over to his desk and placed the tray onto Jack's lap. Jack looked down at Tooth's homemade breakfast. He thanked her. She smiled back.

Jack started eating. "So what's up?" He said in a mouth full.

Tooth went on saying that he hasn't spoken to North over a month. It made Tooth and the other Guardians worried. Jack told her why. Since that talk between him and North at pier, it just made him furious and confused. That's why he decided to go do his Guardian duty and bring the winter solstice in the Northern Hemisphere. He wanted to see if he could still be a Guardian, or he became too human to be one. Mainly, he needed time to relax and think over things.

"Now about this girl." Tooth quickly changed the subject. Jack stopped eating and quirked one eyebrow up. Jack joked around with her. "Mister, don't play games with me. Now spill it" She wasn't mad, but, her eyes were sparkling with excitement.

"North told you right?" Jack asked her. Tooth said, "Yes." She continued on telling him everything North told her. The girl that North saw when he picked up Jack. "Tooth can you keep a secret?" Tooth nodded her head. "The girl from the alleyway was my friend Elsa, the girl that North saw." Tooth put the two stories that North told her together. Jack was nervous to hear Tooth's response.

Tooth took a moment to take in the news. "You have special feelings for her am I right?" Jack turned red. "What?! Psh no." He crossed his arms. "Then why are your ears turning red right now?" Tooth floated closer to Jack, she placed both of hands on his face and look at him with her tender-loving eyes.

Jack floated around the rooftop of his house. He began talking to himself while browsing through his contacts on his phone. "Damnit Tooth, you're good. But, why?" Sweat started to race down Jack's face. His heart racing. "Hope she won't shoot out icicles through the phone."

The bedroom of high school senior can be a dump. Art canvas laying around the floor which mixed with dirty laundry and other unknown debris. A desk is cluttered with books and piles of school work. Even sculptures and stryrofoam models of houses and buildings stacked into a corner. However, two sculptures of miniature castles was placed on a shelf above her dresser. One castle was made out of ice was kept inside a glass to keep the cold air inside. While the other one, was a very detailed Norwegian castle. The sound of a phone vibrating on hard wood echoed throughout the room.

An annoyed growl came from the covers of a full size bed. A hand emerged out of the covers and reached for the phone. The hand accidentally knocked the phone off the edge of the nightstand. A female voice cursed in Norwegian. Elsa with an outrageous bedhead hair removed her quilt and reached for her phone.

"Hallo?" Elsa said in a tired Norwegian voice. Without thinking, she asked, "Who is this?" in Norwegian. Jack in the other end of the phone sounded confused. "Elsa is that you? Um it's Jack."

"Jack?" Elsa was still sleepy, then she managed to wake up. "Jack!" She said in a high pitch. "Sorry to wake you up this early" said Jack. "Oh no! It's alright." Elsa looked over and stared at her alarm clock. It was 10 AM. "What's up? Frosty." She giggled.

"Please don't call me that. Um listen. I was wondering if you're free today. Free, to hang out." Jack was slow to pick the right words. "Hang out?" Elsa opened her eyes wide. She got up and looked outside. A fresh coat of snow covered Elsa's balcony and some of the rooftops of her street. A big smile appeared on her face. "Totally! Let's meet at Time Square in two hours. Cool?"