Chapter 7: Taste Like Home

The school bell rang throughout the building. Doorways swung wide open and a tsunami of students and even faculties ran down the hallways. It was Friday.

Jack and his friends, Anna and Kristoff, came out of the front doors. They headed down the steps of the school and out onto the streets. The street was packed with local school buses and cars. You could hear the rhythm and melody of the city. Whistles blowing. Car horns honking. The shouting, laughing, and hollering. Everyone had places to go after school.

"Hey guys, let's wait for Elsa for a sec," Anna told the boys. "So Jack, you got plans for this weekend?" Kristoff asked Jack.

Jack was chilling on a metal railing with one leg dangling in the air while his other leg had his foot on top of the railing. "I'm only free today. I have to help delivery some orders from my friends' bakery this weekend. But I think I will be free after that." Jack told his friends.

"Really?" Anna happily jumped in delight when Jack mentioned about the bakery. She loved sweets. "That's so cool!"

The sight of Anna being so joyful every minute totally brighten Jack's day. It somehow reminded him of his sister. The thought of her caused the smile on Jack's face to slowly disappear. But, he shook the memory out of his head. Then he removed one of his hands and checked underneath. He spotted a small patch of ice that just formed onto the railing.

"C'mon on, don't lose control. Let go of the past" Jack said inside, trying to calm himself down.

"Jack?" Anna's voice slapped him back to reality. Jack opened his eyes wide and looked at his friends. "Are you okay?" She asked in a concern tone.

"Yeah. Sorry I kinda zoned out a bit," Jack chuckled. He scratched the back of his head while using his other hand to balance himself on the railing. The boy didn't want to make a scene where he might fall into a pile of dead leaves or worst, solid concrete.

Kristoff and Anna just smiled at him. "Oh goody here comes Elsa" Anna said.

Elsa came down the stairs with her hair twisted into a bun. Jack noticed she changed her hairstyle. She had another art class after their CAD class together. Maybe it was sculpture class. But, when her feet touched the sidewalk and was heading towards her friends, she un-twisted her hair. The French braided hairstyle was beautiful.

She let it down where the braid bounced over her shoulder. But Elsa sat her hair on the left side of her shoulder. A group of small hair bangs scattered across her face. She combed away the bangs with her delicate hands. Jack saw it like a slow motion clip. He started to form this goofy crooked smile that you can tell the dude is lost in the sight of her. Elsa looked where she was going. Jack saw her crystallized blue eyes, her soft pink lips and that unique shade of purple eye shadow. Elsa looked back him.

In a matter of minutes, Jack lost his grip on the railing and was slowly falling back. Bam! The fool was love drunk and fell off the railing. Elsa saw him fall. She ran to help him. Her sister and Kristoff came too. Good thing Jack fell onto a pile of leaves. He lifted himself up, climbed up the wall and jumped over the railing.

"Gosh, are you alright?" Elsa asked Jack. She was a few inches away from him. Jack finally got the chance to see this mysterious angel's face. He spotted a small family of freckles that decorated around her cute small nose. The littles things with great detail always made beautiful impressions.

"Um yeah I'm all-right" Jack replied in a cracked-voice with a touch of a British accent. "Sorry, my voice cracked," he nervously chuckled. Elsa smiled and let out an adorable soft-chuckle. Jack saw her bright snow-white teeth.

"Elsa, meet our new friend Jack" Anna introduced Jack to her older sister.

Jack and Elsa looked at each other. Jack offered a friendly handshake to Elsa. "Nice to see you again" She happily shook his hand "Right back ya." As the two touched, a sudden sensation occurred between the two, a jolt of cold chills rushed down their spines. The two let go. Jack nervously chuckled and showed off his signature grin. Elsa tried to keep it cool, no pun intended, and she smiled back at him.