Chapter 17: Believe

Kristoff followed his stubborn girlfriend, Anna, down an empty street where there was only parked cars and trucks, covered in gray snow and frost. Sheets of ice started to covered the street lamps and electrical wires. Small businesses had to remain closed during the duration of an unexpected storm.

"Elsa!" Anna shouted at the top of her lungs, searching desperately for her older sister. "Where did Hans take you?" She whispered inside her head.

"Anna! C'mon we need to get inside." Kristoff advised her while shielding his eyes from the incoming winds with his hands. "Not until I find my sister!" Anna was very prepared to walk outside with her winter gear on.

"C'mon Elsa pick up your phone." Anna browsing through her list of recent calls on her phone. "Why didn't you come home last night?" The tone from Anna's voice sounded worried. Some citizens was still in their summer clothes when the storm broke out. Now they're inside, cuddling by the fireplace or turning up the heat at home.

"Whoo-hoo! A blizzard in July." Olaf shouted in delight. Marshmallow and him skipped down the street. Marshmallow's caused the ground to shake, causing Kristoff to fall onto the ground. Face planted onto the gray snow.

He spit out the snow from his mouth. "What might caused your sister to go ice crazy again?" The frequency of his voice tried to fight with the howling winds. "Dunno! Whatever it is. I'm gonna find who ever made her to." Anna trucked on through the deep snow. "When I do! I'll definitely beat him to the pulp."

"You tell em Anna!" Said Olaf, supportively. "Ah oh." A wave of wind came blowing down the street, forcing Olaf to lose his head. Good thing Marshmallow was there to catch his brother's head. "Thanks buddy." Thanked Olaf when Marshmallow attached his head back onto his little body.

"You sure it's not the time of the month for your sister?" Kristoff asked. "Nooo." Anna scowled at him. "If she was, then giant spikes of ice would be erupting from the ground." She acknowledged. Kristoff carefully watched where he was stepping on.

Olaf tugged a piece of Kristoff's coat. Kristoff looked down at the little snowman. "Hey what's the time of the month?" He asked him. "Um when a girl-" When Kristoff was about to tell him, Anna threw a snowball at Kristoff.

"Don't you dare." Hissed Anna while glaring at Kristoff. "What?" Kristoff shrugged his shoulders. Another wave of wind and snow came barreling in. It nearly knocked the four to their knees. "Anna!" Shouted Kristoff. He was there to pick her from the ground. "C'mon feisty pants."

Anna nodded her headed. She guided the boys to a nearby underground parking lot. There the four settled down and stayed away from the storm. "Don't worry, we'll find Elsa." Kristoff hugged Anna to keep her warm. "Just like old times." Anna reminded him. The two exchanged smiles, remembering how finding Elsa brought them together.

"Hey guys did you notice that black light from the sky?" Olaf had his head sticking out the parking garages's entrance way. Kristoff and Anna exchanged looks. They walked over and saw the beam of light from the Freedom tower. "That doesn't look right." Kristoff sounding a bit concerned. "Maybe Elsa is up there." Anna said surprisingly while staring at the tower. "C'mon let's go there."

Kristoff grabbed Anna's hand. "Hold on. We don't know what's up there." He said seriously. "I just can't wait another minute worrying about my sister." Anna confessed. "I know, that's why we need a plan before heading up there." Kristoff advised her. "We need help." He added.

                                                                ****

High above the clouds, Jack was shoring happily through the sky. Hands extended wide and a smile on his face. Soon the smile disappeared when Jack noticed the large black beam of light cutting through storm clouds swirling around an island of skyrocketing buildings.