Chapter 10: Open Your Eyes

After a gloomy morning, the afternoon sun shined its rays throughout Jack's neighborhood. The wet sidewalks and asphalt glisten when the sun's rays touched patches of puddles. Jack parked the truck at the front of his house. Before heading inside, he gathered his things. Inside, the Guardians we're enjoying some quality time together. On the flat screen TV was on in the living room. Sandy introduced the Guardians about Netflixs and they're watching a marathon of Disney classics and Dreamworks films.

"Oh my favorite part" Sandy acknowledged. The gang was watching Ice Age. "Oh my! Check out those teeth!" Tooth squealed when Diego was playing peak a boo with the baby. They heard the front door crack open and gently shut. The Guardians greeted Jack for coming home. Jack waved hello. Before running up to his room to change, he placed the business items on the living room coffee table. Bunny found the paper where Hans signed. Bunny sneezed while reading it. He sneezed another time.

After a gloomy morning, the late afternoon sun shined its rays throughout Jack's neighborhood. The wet sidewalks and asphalt glisten when the sun's rays touched patches of puddles. Jack parked the truck at the front of his house. Before heading inside, he gathered his things.

Inside, the Guardians were enjoying some quality time together. The flat screen TV was on in the living room. Sandy introduced the Guardians about Netflixs and they're watching a marathon of Disney classics and Dreamworks films.

"Oh my favorite part!" Sandy acknowledged. The gang was watching Ice Age. "Oh my. Check out those teeth!" Tooth squealed when Diego was playing peak a boo with the baby hunter-gather. They heard the front door crack opened and gently shut. The Guardians greeted Jack for coming home. Jack waved hello.

Before running up to his room to change, he placed the business items on the living room coffee table. Bunny found the paper where Hans signed it. Bunny sneezed while reading it. He sneezed again.

"Ayy sneeze that way!" Sandy fanning the remote at Bunnymund.

After changing, Jack ran into the kitchen to take out his homemade krumkakes from the fridge. He found a box to store the cookies inside. Then stopped at the hallway to straighten up his clothes in front of the mirror. He looked at his neck and stared at the gem.

"Damnit, not a zit." Jack was tempted to touch it. He pulled back his hand and went back to fixing his outfit.

"Should I tell them?" Jack sighed. He saw his friends happily relaxing for once. "They earned it." Jack put on his beanie and looked at reflection. Was he still Jack Frost or John Wulf London? A Guardian or a not-so normal teenager with powers? Jack took a deep breath.

"Are you alright lad?" North stood behind Jack, having his arms crossed revealing his "nice or naughty" tattoos. He had a jolly smile, but, his wondrous eyes was filled distress.

"Yup. Just frosty" Jack turned around. He showed North his new outfit. He wore gray jeans with a navy blue button-down shirt. Jack added in the black tie North bought him. He slipped on his sneakers, which made North smiled, he lastly put on his jacket.

"See ya later, North. Heading to my friend's place." Jack told him while putting the box of krumkakes into a sky blue bag.

"Okay be careful. Stay out of trouble." North reminded him. Jack waved goodbye and headed outside. He took a deep breath and looked at his house.

"I'll tell them later." He whispered.

Greenwich Village was not far from where Jack leaved. It was less than fifteen minutes away by train. He had to walk a block from the nearest subway station. Bedfort Street was a little village with postwar architectural homes. The neighborhood wasn't packed with many cars. But they looked very expensive. More luxurious than North's coupe. They looked pleasantly cool through Jack's eyes.