Stories and Coffee Shops

A/N The book is coming to an end very soon and due to plot purposes I've decided to skip and cut out episodes from the original show so I could progress the storyline here in the book. Ah but yes after this chapter I think there's only two or three left?

--Nari's POV--

So uh maybe ditching the Christmas celebration wasn't that great of an idea. Seeing as my phone was blowing up with notifications from both the Roommates cast and the production staff the following morning. My intention was never to create a weird panic or anything, I just removed myself from an uncomfortable situation.

Yes, a happy tear-filled reunion was the uncomfortable situation. Don't get me wrong, I'm overjoyed for Jackson, how could I not be. 

"Welp, looks like you have a lot of explaining to do to a lot of people." Honey observes as she rustles through our dorm refrigerator.

"No kidding." I mumble, finally picking up the next call that pops up on my device.

"Merry Christmas Nari! I love my gift of having a missing best friend, now where the actual hell are you?" Sunny's voice chirps, an obvious hint of annoyance in her tone.

How does one explain why they ran away from home on Christmas Eve without telling anyone in a way that doesn't in turn result with more questions.

"I had to water my cactus." I cough out, hearing Honey choke on her drink from the kitchen. "So I'm back at the H.E.I.R dorm right now."

I knew she wouldn't believe me but it was worth a shot, "Yeah sure whatever, but you're explaining yourself to the girls and I later, for now just make it to your film site on time."

"I know, I'm leaving for there in a few minutes, talk to you later Sunny." I hang up after she bids me farewell.

I hate disappointing people I care about. I didn't want to disappoint my company so I starved myself, I didn't want to disappoint my aunt so I became an idol. Yet it seems to be inevitable that I end up disappointing people anyways. Now my friends are upset with me too. 

"You know," Honey trails off, "what you did isn't something you should be faulted for. That scene hit close to home for you, if I were you I would've high-tailed it out of there as well."

I open my mouth to respond to her, whether it was to refute her statement or to thank her for the empathy I'm not sure. But in that moment our manager called for me to come out to the car so we could leave for the film site.

"Thanks Hon, you're the best." I throw her a grin before grabbing my jacket and running outside.

The white snow powdered the entrance of our dorm building, I'm sure elsewhere there were little kids ripping open their wrapped gifts and screaming in joy because of their new items. I myself knew that could've something I'd have witnessed last night if I had bothered to stay. I hope the others liked the gifts I gave them despite my absence.

Shaking myself from my thoughts, I enter the van where my manager was waiting, and we began down the road.

Based on the filming schedule today we were meant to be working part-time at Youngji's family cafe or something. It was a good idea for the shoot, and I was excited to do it, but not excited to be bombarded with questions. I wonder if Jackson was upset with me.