Chapter 16

"Stop moving!" Aeryns says pulling my hair. I was sitting in a robe Infront of my vanity.

"If you want to look nice you gotta be still." She explains. "Especially for Kyrad." She winks at me and smirks. Causing me to blush. I look down at my hands, not wanting to see myself anymore.

All morning Aeryn has been going on and on about the ball. I wonder if there will be tons of people, who's all going to be there? It was nonstop, and it was starting to get annoying.

"All finished!" She claps her hands together, startling me.

I observe myself in the mirror. My hair was done in a half up, half down style. The hair on the bottom hung in flowing waves down my back. There was a braid on both sides of my hair. They met in the back and hung in waves the rest. The top of my hair was smoothed back. A stray piece of hair hung down my temple. As simple as it was, it was gorgeous.

Aeryn couldn't decide which style she had wanted to do. So she went back and forth before settling on this one. It had taken her well after lunch just to do my hair.

"Well, what do you think?" Aeryn asks bringing me out of my thoughts. I look up at her in the mirror.

"I love it!" I say giving her a big smile.

"Good! Now for the makeup!" She starts rummaging through the top drawer of the vanity. Setting things out as she finds them. My eyes go big.

"Uh, I think I'll do my own makeup." I glance at all the makeup she has sat out. She stops and looks at me.

"Are you sure?" She asks, cocking her head. "I don't mind."

"Yeah, besides its well after lunch and you need to get ready as well." I remind her and point to her hair. Her hand fly's up. It was still a mess from the previous night's sleep.

"Heh, I forgot about my hair. Thanks!" she says and rushes out the room to get ready.

I look at all the make up she had laid out. I settled on going for a more natural look. I only wanted to accentuate my eyes. I do a light brown smokey eye with a thin line of eyeliner. I layer the mascara until I am satisfied with the length of my eyelashes. I study myself in the mirror. Good enough. I walk over to the wardrobe and hesitate.

Krysmond had said there would be dress wear already in the wardrobe. Hopefully there would be a green dress of some type.

"Here goes nothing." I say to my self and open the wardrobe. I suck in my breath.

There were dresses in many colors. Most of them sparkled and shined. I ran my hands over them and stopped on the green ones. There were only two. Easier to choose from.

The dress on the left was a vivid lime green ball gown. The bodice of the dress was covered in jewels as the bottom had a glitter lightly spread across it.

The dress on the right was a dark emerald. The bodice of the dress was more fitted with the bottom stopping mid thigh. At the waist of the dress was a belt with an attached train. It was black and covered in glitter. It was a high neck dress with spaghetti straps and a keyhole opening in the chest. It was perfect.