Chapter 11

"All married couples should learn the art of battle as they learn the art of making love. Good battle is objective and honest, never vicious or cruel. Good battle is healthy and constructive, and brings to marriage the principles of equal partnership." ~Ann Landers

Malik's POV

Ughhh, what the hell am I doing on the bed, I thought trying to find my phone to look at the time, it was past 4. Oh God, I don't know how long I was sleeping, which means I will have to catch up on work, since I missed today. I have such a killer headache. It's been a long time since the last time I've been drunk, I don't really recall, that's how long it has been. I found on the bed side a bottle of Alieve, a bottle of water and an empty glass. Last time I checked, it wasn't there, I guess she brought it after I fell asleep. She always seems to be thinking all the time. I get up and realize that I am only wearing a jogging, I don't even remember how I was able to wear that. 

I went downstairs to find something to eat, remembering there was no cooked food since the maid took a break, and I didn't judge it necessary to look for a new one. Hum, what is that delicious smell? That's when I noticed the table filled with different dishes. Am I losing my mind? I don't remember a maid being here. While I was thinking about an explanation to this, I saw a petite form leaving the kitchen to bring yet, another plate while smiling. That's when I realized that I am such a dummy and that I already forgot that I was married. 

She  suddenly froze where she was, looked at me, averted her eyes and started blushing, I looked around trying to find the reason, but couldn't find it. That's when she coughed and pointed at my chest, after putting down the plates. I looked at it and realized that I wasn't wearing a shirt. I just smirked and continued to advance towards her. She turned around, trying not to look at me. I saw her taking a deep breath before looking at me again

"Hey, you woke up already, and exactly just on time. Food is ready" She said while giving me that breathtaking smile. I don't know if she is trying to woo me or what, but if she thinks food is the way to do it, she is wrong. Actually, not wrong, but I prefer not to admit that she is on the right track. 

"All of this was not necessary, I am not even hungry, and this is just a waste of food "  I replied, looking at her with a bored face.

"Ah, um, I am sorry, I didn't mean to. I mean I meant to, I just thought that you would be hungry..." I stopped her with my hand, not even looking at her and just sitting down on the table. She started sitting down next to me, and I again gave her a freezing look, she just left and went in the kitchen. I could tell that she wanted to cry. 

I don't know why I felt bad for doing that, maybe because my mother wouldn't want that. My mother... I don't even want to think about it. But she needs to be tough if she wants to be a part of my world, at least until the contract is over. Soft people are crushed really fast, and for some reason, I don't want that for her, but honestly, I shouldn't care. My belly started growling, I turned around and hopefully noticed that she wasn't near. I started by what was really near me, I was about to eat, when I realized she still wasn't here.

"Green eyes" I called her, not really feeling like calling her by her name, before she starts having ideas that we are getting close. She just popped her head from the kitchen

"Are you calling me?" She asked looking all innocent. Oh God, how am I gonna do this?

"Yes come eat with me." I told her not looking at her again, those eyes of her can really hypnotise. She came to the table still looking around, not knowing what to do. I guess she learned her lesson. If she continues to act like this, I don't think we are going to have a problem.

I pointed the chair farthest from me, which ended up facing me. She sat there.

"So what would you like to have first" She asked smiling, making that cute dimple appearing on her cheek. 

"Just eat for now, I can serve myself" I said, trying to find what I wanted.

I filled plate, after plate, after plate. I guess I didn't realize how hungry I was, or 'just how good she cooks' said a voice in my head, that I chose to ignore. I was so concentrated on finding what to eat next, that I didn't realize that she stopped eating and was just staring at me. Her laugh made me come back on earth. Yeah, just a small but cute laugh

"What? Why are you laughing" I asked her all confused

"I just can't believe that you were able to eat all of this all by yourself" se said still smiling

"Don't start feeling good or anything, I just don't like when the food goes to waste"I told her looking all serious.

"Yeah sure. It has nothing to do with the fact that you were starving" 

"Of course it has nothing to do with it" realizing how it looks and how I sounded, I figured that I was caught. I couldn't hold it anymore and we both bursted out laughing. 

I realized that I dropped my mask, so I got all serious again, and got up from the table "So start packing up we are living right after sunset" I told her before leaving her there and going back in my room. I plopped down on the bed and was just staring at the ceiling, thinking about everything and nothing, more importantly, at how green eyes will make my life difficult.

~~~~

A little insight in Malik' s head. The next chapter will be up in few minutes, I know, I am being generous today :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Please Vote and comments your thoughts. I would like to hear them

Please share the story with your friends if you like it

Also, Constructive feedbacks are always welcome

~ChocolateLoverQueen

October 31st, 2017