Chapter 17

"Be picky about who you keep around you. Personalities, words, and traits do rub off naturally" ~ Sonya Teclai

Yasmin's POV

After bringing in my suitcase, treating me of weirdo and showing me my room, I wanted Malik to leave, not because I was tired of seeing his face, more like because of his personality.

"Make yourself comfortable, and I hope the room is to your liking." He added, standing at the door,

So I turned around me and looked at everything in the room. The room was simple, yet classy; going from the white floor and ceiling, to the gray walls, to the furniture which is made of the bed, the dressing table and the closet all black, with small designs in gold. The room was actually warm, which I was not expecting from a guest room. From this, I can deduct that it was recently cleaned. I wonder by whom, surely he has maids and consorts, because he is not going to clean the whole house by himself right? At that, I thought of Mr. Serious in a maid uniform, I laughed so hard at the thought that I fell on the ground, while holding my stomach, after few seconds, I tried to get up and turned around to see that he actually didn't leave and was looking at me like I had two heads. What the hell? Was he here the whole time ? That means...

"Not just weird, but also crazy" He said under his breath before going out the door and closing it behind him. I mean it only makes sense because even I think I am crazy sometimes, but that did not prevent me from yelling "Heard that", and heard a chuckle coming from him. I waited for few minutes before opening the door, and looked around when I didn't see him, I closed it behind me and started checking out the hall. It was covered in black and white design and the stairs, were just pure white, I went down the stairs, and was face to face with the living room. I now took my time to look at everything from the white ceiling, to the black walls with a TV, and floor, which was decorated with a long white couch.

On the left was kitchen with a dining table made of white marble and black wood, and the chairs that accompanied it were white, with black legs. Like you guessed, the rest of the furniture is black, with a hint of white marble. The whole house is Black and white, which I thought was really cool at first, but now I think it is really weird, considering almost everything was black , with some hint of white, like the outside and the ceiling.

I saw a door next on the side of the dining table, and went through it, only to see some small white stairs. I went down and was greeted by the cool air and a pool? Oh my God he even has a personal pool? I always dreamed of swimming but never learned, considering my dad didn't have a pool in his house. I felt bad, considering I did not call them to see how they were doing. I am going to ask Malik if he is going to let me borrow his phone to call home, the pool will have to wait until later.

I went back through the same door and went up the stairs, I remembered that he told me not to go towards his room, but who cares? Since I am curious to see how it really looks like. I knocked on the door and when no one answered, I opened the door and went inside, hearing the water running in what I assume is the bathroom. I was not surprised to see that black was one of the color, however, I was not expecting everything to be black, but the bed and the ceiling. Don't take me wrong, I like black, but I just feel like this is too much.

Someone cleared their throat behind me and I turned to find the one and only Malik Qureshi with his wet black hair, making water drip downward, towards his six packs and down below his black jogging that is really hanging low, but at the same time, not attempting to fall on the floor.

" My eyes are up here" He said after clearing his throat, I blushed and turned my head on the side, took a deep breath to control my beating heart. Did he just caught me staring at him? Is it just me or is it really getting hot in this room

When I looked up, he was really near, literally in front of me, and I could feel his breath on my face. I saw him lowering his head, so his lips were near my ears, by now, my scarf was just loose on my head, and my ears were exposed. I felt his lips on them

"You like what you see?" he said with his voice so husky, like he just woke up

I shrieked and pushed him, without really wanting to. He just laughed and went back in the bathroom, with his towel in hand. This guy can not laugh if it is not to make fun of people? Does he think I am a toy or something? Also, why does he have this effect on me, I know he is my husband and all, but that's it, he has a crappy personality and is so full of himself, maybe it is because he is not fully dressed, and let's just say I am not used to seeing a person naked, or half, or whatever

"What are you doing here? Didn't I tell you not to come in my room" He said with a really bored tone. Wait what? He was just laughing and now he sounds bored? He is so bipolar! he just did a 180 degree turn emotion wise. Wow, his mood swings are worse than a girl's on her period.

"Well, I was just wondering, since we just came back, if you wanted to eat something, I can cook really quick" I asked. Technically, it was not a lie, since I did not see him eating anything, and that was the first thing that came to mind

"Well I'll just have cereal later, if you want to eat something, you can still do it, I don't know if you will poison me or not. Let's just say I don't trust you yet." What is that supposed to mean? I glared at him and hoped he would be scared.

"Also, Aren't you like supposed to change or something, by the looks of it, you did not take a shower yet" He added after our staring contest

Was he serious? Yup he was, so I turned to leave and when I was on the door, I turned around and looked at him, I wasn't going to lose this round

"I see what you are doing there, trying to make me go away, for the second time today, but you won't be able to get rid of me that easily Malik Qureshi" I said while smirking. I got out of the room, closing the door slowly behind me. What the Jahannam? I did not know I had this confidence in me. One thing is sure, He is rubbing off of me, but is it for the best?
~~~~~~~

What did you think about this chapter? Our Yasmin' s is slowly but surely coming out of her shell? Do you think it was time?

Please Vote and comments your thoughts. I would like to hear them, also, they motivate me to update :)

They don't have to be related to the story or anything. It can just be random
~ChocolateLoverQueen

November 30th, 2017