Let The Flames Begin

"Honey" I hear my mom yell, distressed. This can't be good. I run to her room. Right. It's been 9 months... oh no...

"I'm right here mom, okay? I'm here until dad gets back. Where is he?" "Getting me some water." Their room has a conjoining bathroom, so I say, "Mom, Im gonna take you to sit in the bathroom, okay?" She knew what I meant and I helped her get up. The water broke almost immediately as we stepped into the bathroom. "DADDDD" I heard Iero running faster than a bullet.

"I'm going to get the car ready. Achlea, carefully bring her down the stairs. When she is down, grab some essentials for her that they may not have." I carefully brought her downstairs. I ran back up and grabbed a blanket, a small, but comfortable for mom, pillow. I grabbed a stuffed animal, a dog. Ieros love 'em.

I ran back down and mom was trying to open the heavy door, but dad grabbed it before she could. "m'lady, your chariot is here." and he took her hand and helped her to the door. I stuffed her stuff into the trunk and ran to open her door. Wow, my heart was beating. It was a work day, that means TRAFFIC. Lucky for us, though, we had the advantage of the carpool lane. We got there in 20 minutes. When we got out of the car, it looked like she was already starting labor.

I ran for the hospital staff, but quietly announced to the staff, "My mom, Jamia Iero, is having a baby. She's started labor." Frank knew why quiet was necessary, a. being the rest of the hospital isn't doing that well. we don't want to wake up the baby in the waiting room and b. we're kind of famous.

The staff was pouring out to try to get her inside. It started raining. Yip-ee.. this is going to be fun. Mom was rushing in on a gurney with dad on her hand. I ran behind them, but I got the stuff from the house first.

This is going to be... I honestly don't know...