Letter Twenty One - Someone You Judged By Their First Impression.

Dear Cat, 

When I first "met" you, I was sincerely intimidated. You're a writer, and I loved all your works. I thought they were beautiful, perfect, and they were my bedtime stories for a long time. You were just so amazing that I didn't know how to approach you. I really wanted to be friends, wanted to associated with someone as great as you. However, I was shy. I was scared that you wouldn't talk to me, because I wasn't any good or anything. I was scared that you only spoke to your other great lj friends. I was really terrified of this.

Your birthday passed, and I found out a few days late. I gathered up all my courage and sent you a belated birthday message. To my great surprise and delight, you responded by very kindly! I eagerly took up to that and we began to become friends. I was really happy, and when I convinced you to take a step out of your electronic-trouble box, I felt like wow I influenced her. I introduced you to my line, and we all kinda became close. You introduced me to your friends as well, and we're a knit type of group.

Nowadays, I can complain and say all the things I want to you. I don't want to only talk about me though, but when I ask you about your day, you just say it's great. At first I thought I was being annoying, because my problems are so... little. When you first confided in me with your troubles, I felt like we were really close, even if it just an internet friendship. While I wouldn't do all the things for you that I would do to a real life friend, there are a hella lot of things I would do for you. 

I think with this letter people can infer that it's best to just take a chance. While judging by first impression can sometimes protect you, it also lowers your chance of making a mark on the world. You need to step out of the box and say, "Hey! This is me." 

Cat, you don't know this girl. You don't know who this person is, this person who is writing you a letter. You don't know this persona, this side of me. One day I might share it, but for now you'll know me by my other names. I adore you though, I do.

Sincerely,

Charlotte.