Letter Twenty Two - Someone You Want To Give A Second Chance To.

Dear L,

I haven't been very fair to you, have I? You were my friend's friend, so I thought, "Okay, cool. We can be friends too." And we were, sort of. I was never really close to you, but you told me things you hadn't told many people. I never told you anything though, because as attached you were to me, I never felt the same way about you. Does that make me sound cold? Probably.

You began to crush on one of my best friends. I didn't know whether to support you or not. My best friend, she's a star, bright and shiny and I loved her for how great of a friend she was. We were the type of people to do anything for each other, because that's how much we cared for the other.

And yeah, you liked her.

However, she did not like you back. In fact, she didn't like you very much at all. I'm sorry to say this, but she didn't. You told her about your problems, but she never asked for them and she didn't want to listen. Neither did I, actually. This makes us both sound cold and cruel and heartless. Maybe we are.

I don't talk to you anymore, but when I do there's a fake type of happiness about my persona that I truly hate. I don't want to be a fraud, I want to talk to you with a real type of voice. A real person.

I don't care about your problems, honestly I don't. You can talk to me about stuff, but I don't care. I don't think I ever will. I won't tell you anything about me either.

It's time to give you another chance though. You're not a bad person, and while everything in our friendship was my fault, I'll be stuck up enough to say I'll give you a second chance.

From,

Charlotte.