Letter Twenty Five - The Person Going Through The Worst Of Times.

I've been waiting to do this one.

Dearest D, 

I don't know how you feel. I don't know how to understand you. I don't know what to say to you anymore. But for the short time that I did, I adored you. You're gorgeous, you're beautiful, and people do love you. While I can't say that I love you, I admire you.

We're not close, at all. But I cried for you, you know? I don't even know you, and I cried. 

I don't want to say there's anything wrong with you, so I won't. I'm worried, scared, terrified, all for you. I've never seen how it goes, but health class has shown me all the tapes. How sometimes it's not enough, and things end up bad. How doctors can fail, how people can die.

You're brilliant, simply brilliant, and I want the best for you. So please, please, please stop it. You're fine just the way you are. You might feel inferior, but that's how life goes, isn't it? There will always be someone better, so you just have to strive to beat that. But not in the way you're doing it!

I think one of my darkest secrets would be that I would like to be like you. I would like to have the strength to do what you're doing, but I don't. So I'll stay here like the hopeless case I am and hope that someday I'll find my own way of being beautiful.

Would you cry for me like I cried for you, D? You are powerful enough to influence people, so don't do it negatively. You are you, and that is enough for anyone, don't you think?

You must think that you're not going through bad times, but in the long term you are. You are, you are, you are. One day, years from now, you'll look back and think that it was one of the worst times, which is why this letter is for you. Am I reasonable to say that I'm scared there won't be a future for you? You say you're strong, strong enough to stop when it's too much. That's what everyone says though, and you're not. You're human, you're fragile, and it's killing you. They don't understand, the people around you. I don't understand either, but I'm scared for you in a way they aren't. Isn't that what you told me? How I cared more than them? Well I still do, even though it's been a while.

Stay strong.

Most sincere, 

Charlotte.