chapter 7

Mariah POV

"Hurry up grandma!" Chris fussed as I struggled to keep up with his fast pace. I swear this nigga walks like he in a power walking race. He walks with a damn purpose. He had a large rolling luggage and I held two large bags. One in each hand. Plus my large backpack on my back and my purse on my shoulder.

"Slow down Chris! Cause you see I got all this stuff. I'm struggling." I fussed back.

"Well I already told you that you don't need all that. We usually buy clothes and stuff while we travel." He spoke.

"Well I don't have the money to be buying clothes from them expensive stores y'all go to. I brought my own stuff." I said.

"Whatever you say. Here give me them bags." He held his hand out for one of my bags.

I handed him the heaviest ones which were the two in my hands. He put one over his shoulder and held the other in his free hand. He walked with ease, his muscles in the arm carrying the bag slightly flexed. He seemed unbothered and carefree. It made me upset. Upset that I could never and would never have that kind of piece of mind and luggary of knowing things are going to be okay. I was plagued with the need to constantlt worry and wonder what else I needed to worry about if I had already finished worrying about something else.

"You good?" Chris turned to ask.

"What you mean?" I asked.

"You breathing real hard like you getting strangled or finna die." He said.

"Oh.... Sorry. I'm just tired." I told him.

"I figured." He smirked. Asshole. "Well the car right here so get in." He said.

A large baldheaded man in a muscle shirt along with blonde haired red faced man with a suit stepped out the car. The man in the suit opened the door for us and took rhe bags to put them in the trunk. "I'm Chad. I'll be your driver today. I'll put the bags away for you." He stated.

I nodded and got into the car. I sat a seat away from Chris. He looked over at me as I looked down at my phone and scrolled through Instagram.

One post caught my attention. It was an old picture of Tiara and I back in highschool when we first became close. I was a lot bigger back then and she was a lot thinner. Hell, infact she was skinny as shit. That didn't stop us from walking around lookimg like the number 10.

The caption said:

TiaraJose: Mi amor, my best friend, the only one who ever truely cared for me is now working with a celebrity. So proud of her. Be safe on your tour @ 2thikriah

I smiled a little bit. She always had a way of putting a smile on my face. Yes she had her faults, but of course, I always counted on her to be there for me and care for me when I needed her.

"Das that white girl?" Chris asked.

"She not white." I put my phone face down.

"What is she then? She looks like a dnow flake to me." He smirked.

"Well she not. She's Hispanic and African American." I corrected.

"I know you lying. She look straight up like a white girl." He frowned.

"But she's not." I shrugged and put my phone in my purse.

"Y'all close?" He asked.

"Close isn't even the word. Try joined at the hip." I smiled.

"Y'all fuckin?" He smirked.

"Hell no." I jerked back as if he had spat on me or some shit.

"Why you so uptight?" He asked.