Chapter 25

Chris POV

"Daddy!" Royalty ran into my arms.

I missed my princess. She's the light of my life. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be here. I made sure to spoil my little princess every chance I got.

"Momma whoop me." She poked put her bottom lip.

"Why?"

"She was mad I no go home wit her." She laid on me and whined.

At this point I was pissed. She not finna be beating on my damn child for no damn reason. Royalty don't have to go home with her if she don't want to.

Thats alright though. I got something for her. I dialed my couson, Sasha's number.

"Wassup?" She answered.

"I got $5,000 for you if you handle Nia." I said.

"Send me her address so I can tell Uber."

We hung up and I texted her the address. I took Royalty in the kitchen and gave her a snack. Now all I gotta do is wait for my cousin to show up.

"Daddy I want gwanny." My mom was in her room sleep. She had moved in with me because she wanted to be able to see Royalty more.

"She sleep right now Ro. Lets go watch Tv."

A few hours later, the doorbell rang. Royalty was taking a nap on the couch. I got up and answered the dooe to see it was my cousin COVERED IN BLOOD.

"Man what the fuck?" I looked at her like she was crazy.

"Cuz, I need a little more than $5000. I need like $50,000." She came in quickly and went to the kitchen once she saw Royalty was sleep on the couch.

"What happened?" I asked.

"It was her and some nigga there. He tried to fight me and my two hoes, so we had to kill him. Then we didn't want her to tell nobody, so we had to um...kill her too."

"What the hell Sasha. I told you to beat her ass not kill her and her nigga."

"Whats going on in here? Sasha why you covered on blood?" My mom asked when she walked in.

"Aunty I did something real bad." Momma looked at the money on the counter and then at Sasha and put two and two together.

"You killed somebody?" She asked.

"Yes ma'am." Sasha said looking guilty.

"Chris go ahead and get some more money and give it to her so she can go out of state."

I did as I was told because Momma don't play. I quickly got another $50,000 and handed it to Sasha.

"Go upstairs and get some jeans and a tshirt out my room and throw your bloody clothes in the fireplace Chris go put Royalty in her room."

Everyone did as they were told. I was nervous as hell. I couldn't go back to jail on no murder charge. I didn't tell Sasha to murder her. I told her tp beat her up. Sasha always been the wild type and now that she done did this shit, we all in trouble.

"Christopher Maurice Brown I know damn well you didn't have her kill somebody for you."

"No. I told her to beat up Nia for $5,000. She walked in with all that blood and told me she and her friends killed Nia and a dude she was with."

"You dumb ass. Why would ypu even have her go fight the girl? You know you could have been linked to it whether she killed the girl or not and ended up in jail for a looong time! You have a child to take care of. She won't have her father for who knows how long if you go to jail for this. You better hope y'all make it out of this without jail time or getting caught."

Sasha walked out the back way and got into an uber and left. I knew I was never gonna see her again.

The only person I could think of to talk to right now was Mariah. I called her and told her to come over. It had been a week since we had sex and we had been fucking like rabbits. Today was supposed to be the day her pussy got a break, but I needed something to take my mind off this mess.

Momma took Royalty to the park mostly because she was too angry at me to stay in the same house with me at the moment, so I was gonna be alone for a while.

Mariah arrived looking like a snack as usual.

"Damn girl

"Damn girl. Just come up in here looking like you looking." I smirked.

"What I'm looking like?" She giggled.

"Like my girlfriend." I smiled.

"You know damn well I'm not your girlfriend boy. You haven't asked.

"Will you be?" I asked her.

"Chris I need time. I just got out of a relationship with ummm...whats his name?" She patted her chin.

"You don't even remember the nigga." I chuckled. "Come on Riah. Just let me be ya nigga. I'll treat you like gold." I rubbed my hands on her body.

"Okay." She said dreamily as she looked into my eyes.

I gave her a passionate kiss. Damn she had a hold on me. What was it about her?

We ended up fucking for a few hours, then putting on comfortable clothes, well she had on a pair of my joggers and one of my t-shirts, and watching t.v.

"Damn I knew he wasn't the father." I said with a mouth full of junk food as we watched Maury.

Momma and Royalty walked into the house. "Hi Mawiah!" Ro hugged her and sat on her lap.

"Hey RoRo. You look so pretty." Mariah smiled.

It was cute seeing them bond like this. Royalty would run into Mariah's office at work and thats how they got to know each other. RoRo called her "Pretty Brown Lady" until Mariah actually told her her name. Mariah adores Royalty. Good, cause she about to be the only mother she knows.

"Chris you look stressed. Is there something bothering you?" I asked.

"No. Everything is fine." I lied.

I had just got her and I didn't wanna scare her off. I fought tooth and nail to get her to open up to me and I wasn't about to lose her.