One

ONE DINNER PARTY

ONE
DINNER PARTY

AURORA POTTER WAS born to her squib and muggle parents, but to a family of wizards and witches. She had been the only child of her parents, and she had discovered at the age of ten, that she was a witch herself.

She went off to Hogwarts, a school for witchcraft and wizardry. The only family she had at Hogwarts was her cousin, older by a year and a half — James Potter.

James and Aurora had been close, the two meeting at young ages. Their parents would get together while they were in school, and the two loved to spend the summers together until their return to Hogwarts.

But now that James as the oldest one and a great wizard, she seemed to be lacking many things. She had an old wand that had been handed down from her great-aunt, but it was so old, that the wood was beginning to crack within the handle and the tip.

Her Gryffindor robes were a faded black color, also been handed down to her. Most of her belongings were hand-me-downs, — except for her owl.

Aurora's owl was a light grey and brown color, with emerald green eyes. The boys and girls in her grade were usually jealous of the creature's beauty.

And in just three days, she'd be able to hear and see their reactions again.

Summer was coming to an end, and she would officially return to Hogwarts for her fifth year.

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

Aurora sat in her bedroom, watching as the sun began pushing its way through the thick clouds in the London sky as the rain faded. It had rained for most of the summer, although she wasn't surprised.

"Aurora, get ready for dinner, we're having company!" Her mother yelled.

"Coming, mum!" She shouted, standing to her feet. She hurried towards her closet, pulling on a light purple sweater to replace her night tee, and a pair of jeans.

As she walked towards her mirror, she stared back at the pale, faint-freckled face.

Aurora was naturally beautiful. Sure — she doesn't see herself as beautiful, but she was. With her mother's famous blue eyes and her father's smile, she was born half-and-half.

She tucked a strand of her dirty blonde hair behind her ear, heading down the stairs.

Her mother came into view, smiling from her wheelchair.

"You look absolutely beautiful, peach."

Lorinda — Aurora's mother, had been in a terrible accident just fifteen years ago. Aurora had been born prematurely, and it left her mother paralyzed.