Fourteen

FOURTEENWALK IN THE MEADOW

FOURTEEN
WALK IN THE MEADOW

Aurora had managed to fall asleep at some point in her Transfiguration class. She had been staying up late at night to finished her homework for all of her classes, and she was running on three to four hours of sleep a night.

She had also been practicing on the lesson James had taught her over the summer, and at her surprise, it was still working for her.

Aurora — with her head in her book on her desk before her, slept away.

"Miss Potter."

Aurora lifted her head a little too quickly, earning a pain in her neck as she looked up at Professor McGonagall.

"Yes?" She asked, clearing her throat.

"It's not time to sleep in class, Miss Potter."

Aurora nodded, trying to keep her head up as she tried to focus.

When the bell went off, Aurora sighed, knowing she had missed almost the whole lesson.

Standing to her feet, she gathered her books, walking towards the door as the rest of the students exited the room.

"Aurora?"

She knew it wasn't going to be easy getting out.

Aurora turned to Professor McGonagall, swallowing nervously.

"Yes, Professor?" She asked, her voice cracking slightly.

"A word, dear."

Aurora walked towards her desk, hugging her books to her chest.

"I couldn't help but notice your. . . activities in class are affecting your grade."

She sighed. "Professor, I am so sorry that I fell asleep. I've just been staying up all night lately to get all of my homework done, and I've been running on four hours of sleep a night —"

"I can see that." McGonagall said, smiling faintly at her nervousness. "I'm not punishing you, Aurora. But I am going to tell you that you can't afford to miss anymore lessons if you want to pass this class."

Aurora nodded. "I know."

"Very well," she said. "Off you go, your hour break is starting."