Two

TWOTHE MARAUDERS MAP

TWO
THE MARAUDERS MAP

PLATFORM NINE AND Three Quarters seemed different this year as Aurora made her way through the wall, to the secret platform. It seemed fuller — maybe a little too full.

She stared at the abnormal crowd of new and young wizards and witches, and she swallowed. As anxiety kicked in, she tightened her small hands around the handle of her luggage cart.

Aurora jumped as someone placed their hand upon her shoulder. When she turned around, she smacked Sirius's shoulder as he sniggered.

"Figured I'd come burst your bubble."

"Consider my bubble bursted." She mumbled. "It was already popped before you pulled that."

He clicked his tongue. "Oh, deary — not this again."

Remus and Peter met up with them, joining in on their quiet conversation.

"I can't help it, I'm cautious everywhere I am." She muttered. "My father told me in my first year that someone who followed along-side of Voldemort murdered my great-uncle in his fifth year."

"No one's going to lay a hand on you, Aurora." Remus said. "We won't allow them."

Peter nodded. "Of course."

"I'm not a baby." She stated, the four walking through the Hogwarts Express to find their usual compartment.

"No one said you were," Sirius told her. "Fear doesn't make you a coward."

Peter rose a brow. "For the most part."

"Oh, you know what I mean." Sirius snapped, shoving Peter into the compartment before him.

Aurora sighed, sitting beside Remus as the door slid shut. "So, what's your guys' "plan"?

"Just waiting for James," Sirius said, tapping his wiggling fingers against his knee.

James appeared — panting as he slid into the compartment.

"Damn Severus," he said.

"What happened?" Peter asked.

"He was eyeing Lily again," he answered. "I got him to stop, though."

"What'd you do, pull your wand out to scare him?"

"Don't be a fool, Remus." James said. "I threatened him with a bewitched snowball."

They all rolled their eyes.

Sirius leaned towards Peter. "Did you get the parchment?"

Peter dug into the pocket of his Gryffindor robe that he had previously changed into, pulling out the folded piece. Sirius took it in his hands, glancing up at the others.