Meeting a Human Fish (Chapter 5)

Hey! Thank you all for reading so far! Big thanks to @Ocean_Girl01 for giving me great ideas for the story! Y'all should go check her out! Anyway, thanks, and hope you enjoy!

-----

Lance jerked up and stifled a yawn. His eyes darted around the room.

Did he hear it again? That song? Or was it just his dreams again?

"Maybe I'm going crazy," Lance sighed as he rubbed his head. He got to his feet and slipped on his swim trunks again when he froze.

The melody was unmistakable.

"Child of the sea, come home to me," the voice pleaded, stronger than before.

Lance sprinted down to the beach, shoving past Hunk and Pidge as he grabbed his board and dove into the water, the compass heavy on his chest.

He pulled his board to a stop as he floated in the cove from yesterday.

Something orange-ish red sped by under him, nudging his board slightly. Lance tensed and gazed deeply around him.

"Hello? Anyone there?" He called over the water. A small splash sounded behind him. He spun around, his face inches from the water.

Something sped up towards him, and he flinched. When he opened his eyes, he was staring into a pair of violet eyes, their faces centimeters apart.

-----

Keith was entranced by not only the Oceania's voice, but was also lost in his blue eyes. They were so deep, and seemed to hold entire oceans in the blue orbs.

Keith didn't expect his reaction though. The boy jerked back, yelping in sheer surprise. The sudden movement flipped his buoyant riding device and he plunged into the sea water with a loud splash.

Keith dove under, grabbing the conch Allura had given him. This was his chance, to meet the Oceania, to bring him to Voltron, to save his tribe.

The boy shook his head before dazedly locking gazes with Keith. He yelped again, spewing bubbles before trying to kick himself to the surface.

Keith sped forward, grabbing the boy's arm and wrapping his tail around his bare midsection.

Keith couldn't help but blush at the muscle pressing against his tail coils. And his tan skin and caramel hair gleamed underwater.

The boy suddenly grimaced, letting out more bubbles. Keith's eyes widened. Shit! He needs air!

He pulled out the conch, trying to soothe the boy in Mermanian. "Easy, this will provide you with the air you need."

The boy paused as the conch blew a bubble around his head. He gasped as he sucked in air, then peered over Keith and started thrashing and yelling again.

"Wait, you know Mermanian?!" Keith realized, recognizing the words the boy cursed and shouted.

"Y--You speak English--? W--Who the hell are you?! Wh--What are you, some sort fish-man?!"

"You're speaking Mermanian, and the proper term is merman. My name is Keith, and I need to take you to my tribe. Please, Oceania, my home is in danger."

"Oceania? No, the name's Lance," the boy argued. Keith rolled his eyes. Did humans always complain like this? "And Keith the Merman, I demand you release me!"

"If I do, will you return to the mainland?" Keith countered.

"Well, yeah," the Oceania spat. "You're a merman! Of course I'm going to go and tell about you--"

"Fine, you brought this on yourself," Keith sighed as he tore off his seaweed belt and tied it around the human's arms and wrists.

Lance's eyes widened. "What the--? Untie me!"

"Not until you free my tribe," Keith replied nonchalantly as he looped his arms under the human's. He then dragged the complaining human towards Voltron.

"Your tribe?"

"The mer tribe of Voltron. My people have been attacked by the sea monsters the Balmera and Baku, and the Galra tribe has conquered most tribes across the world and now has Voltron under siege. You're the only one who can save us."

"Why me?" The human demanded.

"Because you're the Oceania."

"What's that?"

"The Princess can explain further," Keith explained as the kingdom came into view.