An Unforeseen Adversary (Chapter 22)

I'm back! Okay, I know this says "A Klance AU", and I promise it still is, but what about Keith having a bit of a rival for Lance? (Hint, keep reading to find out what I mean). Sorry for it being so short and probably more dragged out than it needed to be, but I think the next part will be longer, so here you go, thanks for reading, comments are greatly appreciated, and hope you enjoy.

-----

Lance couldn't see their attackers quite clearly, but he knew they were Galra, even before Keith snarled at them. Lance tried to stand, to summon water to protect him and the Arusians, but he felt so nauseated and weak, his legs shook like noodles.

Lance nonetheless got the waters to slowly swirl around him, but not much more.

Things grew even worse when the Arusians pulled out spears, and pointed them at the teens.

"I knew it, this was a set up from the start!" Keith growled.

He was still not at top strength since he was still recovering from withdrawals, but he had also foolishly relinquished his knife, falling for the tiny traitors' cuteness. Damn it, and I fell right for the trap!

Lance looked ready to pass out, his knees shaking, his tan skin rather pale, and most obviously was the pain written across his face. Lance's plan may be proceeding faster than Keith had anticipated, and he still considered it a suicidal strategy anyway.

Lance looked at the king, whom he had spoken to after freeing them from the prison camp. "Why?" He grimaced quietly.

"I'm sorry, Oceania, but the Galra have laid siege to my tribe and people, and we cannot leave to gather food. My people are starving, and our lack of quintessential energy has depleted our weaponry and moral," the king explained. "The Galra promised to withdraw the blockade if we helped capture you."

Lance watched as the purple glowing spear heads drew nearer, and his sick feeling got worse. He cried out from the pain as he doubled over and fell to his knees.

Keith reached for him, before three Galra tackled him to the floor.

Lance sensed a commander swim forward. "Hm, guess the Haggar witch was right. The Haggarium proved rather effective," he muttered. The Galran knelt and grabbed Lance's hair before jerking his head up and making him wince.

Lance glared at the yellow eyed, long white haired and grinning Galra in armor. "Yes," he smirked. "My father will be quite pleased to finally meet you face to face, Oceania."

"W--Who..." Lance hissed, his voice barely audible as the Haggarium hovered inches from his skin, yet it felt like it was penetrating straight into his core.

"Well, since you look so pitiful, and since you're eyes are rather mesmerizingly beautiful, I'll tell you," the commander cooed as he dropped Lance's head to the floor.

The commander gave a sideways glance at the thrashing Voltron merboy, his purple eyes livid with rage. It gave the Galra much pleasure.

"I am Lotor, handsome Oceania," Lotor smirked, grinning triumphantly at Keith, who only roared back in frustration.

Lance was his.

He'd kill all the Galra who ever laid a hand on the Oceania. Starting with the Galran Prince.

Keith watched in pure rage as Lotor grabbed Lance's face, his claws digging into Lance's tan skin and making him wince again, as Lance struggled just to stay concious. Oh yeah, Keith would definitely kill him first, and with no mercy.

Take your hands off of him, you piece of--

Lotor smiled triumphantly as he gleamed at his prize, his face inches from Lance's.

"You're mine now."

The last bit of strength left Lance's body, the image of the Galra peering at him victoriously the last thing Lance remebered before the darkness closed in.