A Night Together (Chapter 18)

Hey guys! Here's another late night update, or I guess not too late, but whatever! It's a little short again, and I haven't ben able to write the next part yet, but I'm trying, and this is a super cute Klance moment and is probably one of my favorite chapters so far! Hope you guys like it as much as I do, and feel free to comment! Anyway, enjoy and thanks for reading!

-----

Man, human entertainment was really, uh, immature. Maybe it would've been more enjoyable if the others hadn't screamed all the words to. Every. Single. Song.

Keith was exhausted from the past few days. Being on the run and constantly alert really drained one's energy. He was nodding off, his head resting on Lance's shoulder, before they screamed the words to the first song.

After that, Keith was wide awake, and even found himself starting to sing along before he'd catch himself and stopped.

By the time the final song had started though, everyone was totally out. Hunk and Pidge were asleep, leaning away from one another as they sprawled out over the arms of the couch.

Despite Hunk's snoring, Keith had started to fall asleep again, and slumped against Lance once more. Lance adjusted his arm and draped it around Keith's shoulders to make the position more comfortable without waking him.

When the end credits had finally rolled up the screen, Lance fished the remote away from Hunk and turned the television off. He carefully moved to his knees and lifted the emo merman bridal style before carrying him up to Lance's room.

Once inside, Lance felt his bundle stir as he gently set Keith on the bed.

"Lance...?" Keith muttered with a yawn.

"Go back to sleep," Lance offered. Keith shook his head.

"I wanted to hear you play, but I forgot to ask earlier," Keith muttered back.

"Fine, one song," Lance consented before stifling his own yawn. He walked over and grabbed his guitar, tuning it as he sat on the corner of the bed.

He strummed a couple cords, before singing the soft lyrics. About the middle of the song, Lance switched up the lyrics though, saying his favorite line in Spanish rather than English:

"Mi amor quiero estar contigo," Lance sung quietly as Keith nestled under his blanket. Lance nearly laughed when Keith, still wearing Lance's jacket that was too big, rubbed his head with the long sleeve almost like a cat. Lance let the last chord from his guitar fade in the air before setting the instrument gently back into his hammock.

Shirtless, and in now dry swim trunks, Lance then gingerly slid into his bed next to Keith.

Keith, the peaceful, beautiful boy beside him. Lance never considered himself bisexual or anything towards guys, but here he was with Keith: the boy he found himself falling for.

Lance gently moved his long black bangs, lightly kissing his forehead. "Night, Mullet," Lance murmured before nestling down with his arm draped over the mer.

Lance was asleep before he could see it, but a faint smile had rested on Keith's pale lips.