Howls In The Night

There was a man named Carl Cane, who lived in a shack down on Mulberry Lane.
He was the old man that nobody liked, he would creepily watch the kids through their windows at night.
Nobody went by him, nobody thought he was nice, especially when he peeked out of his home infested with mice.
Then one day, a child's body was found down the way, just one lane away from Carl Cane.
Everyone knew he did it, they just couldn't prove it.
If you can't solve a problem, you simply remove it.

The townsfolk followed a morbid old legend and summoned a beast as black as Death with breath as rotten as a dead marmoset.
Its eyes were crimson as freshly spilled blood, and each step it took was a thunderous thud.

Carl Cane noticed the lane was quite quiet one night, after him and a boy had had a fatal fight.
The boy, no more than thirteen, had been left on the lawn to be found in the morning.
Carl Cane peered down the lane and noticed movement in the shadows.
He was scared of nothing, but tonight he would have the fright of his life.

Leaving the dead child to be found on the ground, Carl Cane made his way back down the lane.
Moonshine illuminated the monstrous canine, standing a few feet away down the lane.
At first he did not see it, but even if he had, that was too bad.
With a bark and a snarl, it sank its teeth into Carl, not taking enough to cause his death, for this beast did not intend to kill.
Its main goal was the source of Hollywood's thrill.
Seeming to smirk, the beast ran away and Carl Cane was sent screaming, causing chaos and death all over the lane as he went on the hunt every lunar month for the rest of his days.