I Hope You Liked It

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty together again

Do you remember that song?
It's been rather long since you were young and singing my suicide song. I'm glad you had fun while running along without a care in that little head of yours. You laugh at my name and ignore my deed. The mind of a child is so easy to mislead.

What took place that day is sung incorrectly, I would go as far as saying that that day is sung as a lie. People knew I died, that was never a lie. It was there, clear as day, just pay attention to what you say.

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall

I did not sit, I stood.

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall

I did not fall, I jumped.

All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty together again

They were the reason I broke.

Now, let's forget all this and go back to the biggest lie of them all. I was never an egg. My flesh might have been as pale as the moonlight dancing throughout the night, but I was never an egg. I was a human like you, the one who happily sung my suicide song. No sane person would climb a great wall and accidentally fall. The men on their steeds watched as I bled all over the cobblestone road. They did not try to put me back together out of kindness, they simply did not want my stain to forever be upon the walkway people travelled every day.

What can I say? Nobody cared about Humpty Dumpty before his great fall. I hope you liked it. I hope you remember me, whether it be lie or not. My spirit lives on through it all. It lives on through my suicide song. The song which all the little children sing.
The song which my suicide gave birth to.

You're certainly welcome, my dears, but remember that I am still here. I am drawn by my suicide song that has been sung over the years. I cannot rest knowning my best days have come afterwards. I have a purpose now, whether that be morbid or not.

Who are you to judge me when you sing of a man's suicide so joyously?