Chp. 4

After dinner I was shocked. I went to my room and started to play Hanging On by Ellie Goulding.

He's known who I was. Since I was 10. He's been following me since then. Why? I fascinated him.

"When I saw you and you little blue bow that tucked your bangs back, in your dress. It gave me life. You gave me a reason." He had said.

I didn't quite understand the statement but I was too tired to think about it.

When I had asked about Ansel he said he's taken care of it. But I'm still worried. My brother was all I had left. Now I have nothing.

I didn't understand. Why me? What's so special about me? Nothing that's what.

"Are you okay?" I gasp when I see Theo at my door.

"I just want to talk to my brother." I say.

"Soon." He says.

"No now or I'm calling the cops." I threaten and he hands me my phone and I instantly dial Ansel's number.

"Sky?" He answers with relief.

"Hey Ansel." I say back.

"Holy shit Skylar where are you?" He asks and I look at Theo and he mouths lie to me.

"I'm in Maryland." I lie.

"Maryland? Why are you there?" He asks as Waiting Game by Banks comes on the computer.

"I'm visiting a friend at his college." I lie even more.

"Evan?" He asks.

"Yeah look I gotta go I'll see you soon okay. I love you so much." I say into the phone as tears begin to prick in my eyes.

"I love you too, Sky." He says and I hang up handing my phone over to Theo.

As soon as he leaves I hop on my bed in a crying fit. Uncontrollable tears coming from my eyes.