Chapter 1

My second fanfic, hope you all like!

My first one is on my profile! Maybe you should read it!

Pic on the side is Shelby Marie :) 

Note: all Shelby's outfits are all from Modcloth.com - they have all sorts of awesome clothes! you should check them out :)

Chapter 1:

Shelby's POV

My name is Shelby Marie Williams, and I have long brown hair and green eyes. I just moved to Mullingar, Ireland a week ago with my mum and little brother, Shae. He's 13, in grade 8, and im 16, in grade 10. Right now we are on spring break, but its almost over. I'm really nervous about starting school since I don't know anyone here. I haven't gotten out much since we mostly have just been unpacking.

One day my mum finally let's me go out, but I don't know my way around very well so I just decide to go for a short walk. It is quite nice out today, so I decide to wear short shorts and a t-shirt.

I slip my heart locket around my next and clip it in place. I don't go anywhere without it. It has a tiny picture of me and my dad when I was about 4. He gave it to me the night he left us and I haven't talked to him since.

I turn the corner to see a few girls and guys, who look about my age, gathered on a lawn. They stop chatting and turn to look at me: talk about awkward. I just smile at them and continue walking, looking ahead of me. I hear some more chatter and one of the girls gets up and jogs over to me.

"Hey! I'm Heidi! I don't think ive seen you around before!" she says.

"Uh ya, I just moved here, I'm Shelby." I say. I've always been quite shy when I first meet people.

"Oh I see! So you want to come over there?" she says, motioning to where the other people are looking.

"Um, no i don't think I-" I start, but she cuts me off by grabbing my hand and pulling me over there.

"it's okay, they're nice!" she laughs.

"Everyone, this is Shelby, she just moved here! That's Lucy, Sarah, Sean, and Niall." She says, motioning to each of them.

I glance at them, smiling. I look towards Niall, the blonde one, and he seems quite shy. But for some reason, he refuses to take his eyes off me.

Niall's POV

I couldn't help it. There was something about her. Her eyes were so gentle and kind. And so bright. But I couldn't stare... It wasn't right.

Shelby's POV

We sit and talk for quite a while, and they bombard me with questions. I can't help but glance at Niall every so often, he's kind of cute!

Sean, the brunette, is sitting unusually close to me, his arm reaching behind me. It's kind of uncomfortable.

"So! You got a boyfriend?" he asks, quite randomly.

"Um.. no I don't." I say nervously. I cant help but notice Niall is giving Sean some kind of death stare.

"Well that's too bad, maybe I'll have to change that." Sean winks.

I've never actually had a guy hit on me before, and I don't really like it. I just give him a nervous laugh and move over a little bit.

"Awe, you scared?" Sean moves even closer to me. "It's okay I don't bite." He whispers in my ear. Niall seems to be fuming mad, but clearly trying not to show it.

Finally I decide I should go, I don't want things to get out of hand.

"Sorry guys, I should probably go now." I say briskly, removing myself from his arms. They all say bye and Sean looks a little hurt for a second, but he gets over it.

As I start walking home, I hear footsteps behind me, and I turn around to see Niall.

"Hey what's up?" I ask as he approaches me.

"I just wanted to apologize for Sean, he can get a little weird." Niall says quietly.

"oh it's fine, I guess I should be used to it." I lie. He looks up, confused. "Not that guys hit on me lots!" I add and he laughs. He has a really cute laugh. we start walking towards my house.

"You're pretty cool Shelby!" he says and my stomach flitters with butterflies.

"Thanks," I blush. "This is me." I say motioning to my house.

"Okay, um here's my number," he says, handing me a small piece of paper. "Just in case you ever wanted a tour of the town or something. And Heidi's number is on there too."

"Okay that would be great! I'll text you later then." I say and we say our goodbyes before going our separate ways.