Chapter 25

Chapter 25:

Shelby's POV

I wait with Niall as dad signs the papers at the front desk. I look up at my wonderful boyfriend and smile when I see him staring back at me.

By this time, Mum has left back to Mullingar with Shea, but he'll be flying back here within the week.

"Okay! We're free to go!" my dad announces as w picks up my bag. I grab my pink teddy bear off the desk and Niall takes my hand. He leads me out to the parking lot, where it is raining. Hard. We run to his car and both hop in, soaking wet. I lay my head on the back of the seat and sleep all the way home.

When I wake up, I am laying on Niall's couch, wrapped in a blanket. There is no one around but me. I stand and take the blanket off. I look down to see I'm not wearing my pjs anymore, but instead sweats and a t-shirt. Niall.

I walk into his bedroom to see him sitting at his desk on his laptop. I walk up and put my arms around him from behind, peering over his shoulder.

"Niall, can you tell me how I got in these clothes?" I ask and stand beside him. He blushes.

"Well... you were soaking wet and freezing cold..." he trails off and I laugh.

"You are something special." I say as I hop onto his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck and he kisses my nose.

He studies my eyes for a while, not saying anything. His face grows into a small smirk and I tilt my head to the side in confusion.

"You have a very nice birthmark on your hip." he says.

I have the exact same birthmark as my older sister. I never said anything about her because she died in a car crash a year before we moved. It is a large freckle in the shape of a heart with a smaller freckle underneath.

I blush and twist on his lap so I am facing his computer. "Whatcha doin?" I ask.

"nothing really." he says and I open his previous window. Twitter.

I click the 'compose tweet' box and start typing: @shelbybear is the most amazing girl on the planet. She is so funny and kind, I love her so much <3

I turn around to see him smiling as I post the tweet. "It's all true." he says quietly. "Well maybe not the whole planet." he says and I roll my eyes and stand up. "I'm kidding! You know I love you." he says, following after me.

I run out of his room and into mine. I jump on the bed and duck under the covers. I hear his footsteps come in and stop at the door.

"Gee I wonder where you are!" he says sarcastically.

He walks over and pulls the covers back, revealing my messed up hair. He laughs and sits down on the bed beside me.

"You are the most beautiful girl I have ever met." he says as he moves the hair away from my face. I smile and he leans over and kisses my lips softly.

"Sorry for all the hate." he says quietly when he pulls away.

"It's not your fault." I say looking down at my lap.

He grabs my chin, forcing me to look in his eyes. He smiles at me with a loving look.

"Shelby, I have to tell you something." he says, getting serious. "Well... we have to go on your again."

"Where?"

"America."

"When?"

"Next week."

"Next week?! That's so soon!"

"I-I know. I was going to tell you earlier..."

Tears are welling up in my eyes. He's leading me again and there's no knowing when they're coming back.

I stand up and walk out of the room and into the kitchen. I pour a cup of water and try to wrap my head around this. He walks in and puts his arms around me, but I push him away.

"Shelby please. We'll make this work. I'll call you every night and we can Skype..." he trails off.

I put my water down. "It's just soon. We only have a few days left together. And we don't know when you're coming back."

He takes both my hands in his an leans against the counter. "I know. So we'll make it worthwhile. I promise."

"Okay." I look at the ground.

"I love you." he says quietly.

I look up at him. "I love you too." I smile slightly.

He wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a giant hug. "I'll miss you." I whisper into his shoulder.

----

Sorry, kinda short chapter. Go check out my other books on my profile!