Chapter 13

Chapter 13:

Shelby's POV

I can't help it. It's become a normal thing. Heidi knows, but she's the only one. She hates what I'm doing, and I do too. I know it's not good to harm myself. I don't know why, but it takes the pain in my heart away. But she's been super supportive. 

I bought many weaved bracelets to cover up my multiple scars forming on my arms. And If I forget them, I make sure to wear a sweater. 

Ever since that day, the hate has only gotten worse. It’s crazy! We haven't even made our relationship official to the public yet. 

Niall doesn't know yet. I don't want him too. He has enough on his plate with his busy schedule. I don't want him to worry about me. 

I'm supposed to meet him in an hour. I throw on a cute brown dress and my jean jacket. (picture on side) I slide my bracelets on my wrist, making me wince. I slip my leather boots on and walk to the corner. 

"Hey! How's it going?" he asks, jogging up to me. 

"It's going..." I reply, rubbing my arm. 

"What's the matter?" He asks, worried. 

"Nothing!" I say, plastering a smile on my face. 

"So I wanted to talk to you about something." he says, grabbing my hand, and leading me to a nearby bench. 

"What is it?" I say. 

"well, as you know, I have to go back to London soon. So... I was thinking about making our relationship public." he explains. 

I hesitate, but if it’s what he wants... "Sure we can do that!" I fake a smile. I hate lying to him... 

"Really? You sure?" he asks, caressing my hand gently. 

"I'm sure." I smile again, and he kisses my forehead.

"You're the best." he whispers in my ear and my face drops. 

We stand and walk hand in hand down the street. We pass by many shops and stores. 

We walk into a little café on the corner to see racks of magazines plastered with One Direction's faces. He is paying for our drinks and I pick one up and start to look through it. 

'Page 27: Niall's found a girl? Him and 'Shelby Williams' were seen on a boat on Saturday night, then later at her apartment, kissing. Sources say they've been friends for a long time, but lost touch when he left to the X Factor.' 

I roll my eyes and drop the mag back in the shelf. 'why do paparazzi have to do this?'

"Hey babe, over here!" I hear Niall yell from behind me, and I turn around to see him holding two drinks. I follow him out the door and we continue walking. 

"So my next interview is the day after tomorrow, so I think I'm going to tell them then, is that okay?" he asks. 

"That should be fine." I reply quietly. 

"Shelby, I know there's something wrong. Please tell me." he says, grabbing my hand. 

"It's just that... well... your fans..." I can't continue. 

"What are they doing? Are they hating on you? Shelby you can't believe what they're saying, none of it is true. Don't you know I love you?" he says, now playing with my bracelets, making me cringe. 

"I-I know, but they hate me. They're not going to like you if they hate me." I say, pulling my hand away. 

"Shelby." he says, now standing right in front of me. He takes my drink, and sets it along with his on the ledge next to us. "I love you and nothing is ever going to change that." he says. 

I look at the ground, a single tear rolling down my face. He slides his hand off my shoulder and wipes the tear away before slipping his hand behind my neck and pulling my head in for a long kiss. 

I shut the door and start walking to my room. My mom stops me and tells me she needs to talk to me, so I sit on the couch. 

"So you know Brian from next door?" 

Her and Brian have been going out for the last 7 months. He's really nice and everything, but i don't think he's really my mom's type. 

I nod and she continues, "Well we've been dating for a while now..." she trails off. 

"and?" I press on. 

"Well, we've decided to get married.." she announces as he comes out of the kitchen.

I try not to show my shock, 'a new dad? She can't! It's not right...'

"Shelby?" she asks. 

I ignore her and just run to my room. This isn't right. It's not fair to dad. 

I wipe a red ribbon of blood from my arm and hold the towel against my wrist. 'Why does he have to do this to our family? It's just not right.'

'babe, we need to talk.' my phone vibrates again. Sean. I don't want to deal with him right now. I ignore him and climb into bed.