Chapter 24

Chapter 24:

Shelby's POV

"When can I leave?" I ask Niall as we walk hand I hand back to the room. Hospitals are so gloomy and depressing, not to mention they stink. I just want to be out of here already.

"The nurse said not until tomorrow, but they want to make sure you won't.... you know..... again." he mutters.

I keep my eyes fixed on the floor. I really don't want to discuss that with him. He doesn't understand the stress I put myself through.

"Shelby?" he asks, just outside my door. "Why did you do it again?"

I stay silent and avoid his eyes. I just give my shoulders a little shrug and pick on my finger nails. I feel his warm fingers lift my head up to look into his eyes. I study his face for a bit: his loving eyes carry a worried expression, mixed with sadness.

"You said you would stop." he says quietly.

I sniff and walk back into the room. It is empty; I guess my mum is still looking for me. He watches from the door as I sit on the edge of the bed, looking at my hands in my lap. He sits beside me and wraps his arms around my shoulders.

"When you were sleeping the fans were really loud and I didn't want you to wake up, so I decided to go and talk to them." I begin. I tell him all about how the screaming stopped when I walked through the door. All about the rude things they said about me and him. About how the blonde one slapped the little girl and how she hit her head. And how she wasn't even sorry, and that she called me a slut. Then how I finally snapped at them before I ran inside to the bathroom.

"They really said all those things to you?" he questions. "Those don't sound like the fans that I know."

"I know, but they're your fans and they love you. Not me." I say as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Well if they truly love me then they'll love you too." he says as he lays his free hand on top of mine. "Because I do."

"Mum it's this one, right over here!" I hear a girl yell from the hallway.

Dara comes running into the room dragging her mum by the wrist. She has a pink teddy bear and a huge smile on her face. She runs over to us and gives us both a giant hug.

"Shelby in so glad you're better!" she exclaims as she pulls away. "We are visiting my grandmum and I wanted to come see you. And I brought this for you!"

"Thanks!" I say as she hands me the bear.

"Dara, we should go, Shelby needs her rest." her mum says from the door.

"Okay," she says glumly as she slumps to the door. She turns around and waves "Bye!" she cheers before she disappears through the door.

"She's such a sweetheart." I gush as I put the bear on the table next to my bed.

I turn back around, right away Niall kisses me passionately. His lips are cold but soft. He leans over me, and I lay down on the bed. We part and he covers me with the white duvet.

"Goodnight my princess." he whispers and kisses my forehead before I drift off into a deep slumber.

Niall's POV

Her mum walks in about half an hour after she had fallen asleep. She is so peaceful and I don't want her to wake up. Her mum wants to talk to me so we go outside the room.

"I really don't like that she won't come home. It's way too much stress for her to deal with alone, Niall." she says seriously as I lead against the wall.

"But she's not alone. She has me." I say.

"yes but Shea and i are her family and we need her home."

"She has her dad here and this is her home now."

"And I want to come here with dad too." I see Shea walk up behind her.

"You too? Why are you all deserting me?" she asks as Shea comes and stands beside me.

"Were not deserting you. We haven't seen our dad since forever and you have your precious Brian." he says.

She looks hurt by this statement, but it is true. She huffs and walks away, kind of like a little kid. Oh well, it's her problem.

I turn to Shea, "So you talked to your dad?"

"Yeah, he said it was okay and he's even getting me a tutor."

---

1000 reads! Whoop! Thanks so much :)

Vote!

Fan!

Comment!