Chapter 21

Picture is of Dara!

Chapter 21:

Shelby's POV

"Wow, how do they know where you live?" I say, looking through the upstairs den window to see hundreds of screaming girls waiting outside.

I turn around to see Niall sleeping on the couch. 'How can he sleep through this screaming.' I think to myself.

All of a sudden, there is a super loud chant happening. I am really worried Niall will wake up and be mad so I decide to try and deal with them myself.

I open the front door and the screaming gets 10 times louder. But when I walk through, it practically stops.

"Um listen guys, Niall's sleeping right now so if you could just be a little quieter that would be-" I am cut off by loud BOOs coming from the girls.

"I'm sorry! I know you want to see Niall but-"

"You can't tell us what to do!" one girl in the back yells.

"He doesn't even love you!" another girl yells.

"You don't deserve him!" a blonde girl in the front yells an everyone agrees.

All of a sudden a short red head, who looks only about 8 or 9 steps out and faces the crowd.

"Why are you guys being so mean to her? Niall does love her and he chose her. Not you guys." she says and I am shocked, so brave.

The blonde bimbo steps out and slaps her right across the face, causing her to fall to the ground and hit her head on the pavement. I rush to her side, and the girls all back away.

"Niall get down here!" I scream to the open window. There is blood coming from her forehead.

Niall comes to the door and rushes over once he sees the injured fan. He picks her up and carries her to the house.

"I can't believe you would do that?! Can't you see she's just an innocent fan?!" I yell in the blonde's face.

"Slut." she mumbles under her breath.

I stop myself from crying in front of these girls. That would only satisfy them.

"I'm sorry if you all can't be his girlfriend and you're jealous that I am!" I yell back at them. "If Niall knew the horrible things you all say to me I bet he would be extremely disappointed." and with that I step back inside and slam the door.

I can't contain my tears. Allowing them to flow freely, I run to my bathroom. I need to find a way to get this pain out of my heart.

That's when I see the razor blade on the ground. I pick it up, shaking, and raise it to my wrist. This isn't like every other time. I don't just it once, not twice, but three times.

Slice.

Slice.

Slice.

I press a cloth to my wrist to stop the bleeding, but it never does. The red liquid just keeps pouring out of my arm.

'He could I be so stupid?' I try and yell for Niall But no words come out. Nothing. I stand, but fall to the floor from being lightheaded. I see Niall's feet enter the bathroom just as everything goes black.

Niall's POV

I laid the girl down on the couch when I got inside. Her forehead was bleeding so I wrapped it with a dressing and a bandage. I'm pretty sure she was blacked out.

"Ow!" she screamed then she realized who I was. "oh my gosh!" she screamed again, almost jumping out of her seat.

I heard yelling coming from outside then the slamming of the front door.

"No, you have to stay sitting down. Where's your mum?"

"Outside in the van."

I hear a loud bang coming from upstairs and I hand the little girl my phone "Here, call her but dot let anyone else in. Got it? And don't get up either."

She nodded her head and I raced up to Shelby's bathroom. There I saw her, bleeding from her wrists, passed out on the floor. "No. No. No." I mumble. This could not be happening.

I bend down beside her, "Shelby! Shelby wake up!" I yell, tears coming to my eyes.

I pick her up and carry her to her bed. The little red head comes running into my room with an older lady, whom I suspect is her mum.

"I thought I told you not to get up?"

"What happened to her?" she yells, ignoring my question and running to the bed.

"She passed out... from.... from cutting herself." I stutter.

the lady ran over as well. "I'm a nurse, go get me a wet cloth, a few dressings and a bandage. Dara, go call 911. Okay?" she sat next to Shelby and too her pulse as Dara did what she was told and I did also.

"Is she going to be okay?" I ask, pacing.

"I'm not allowed to promise anything. Do you know if she has any allergies?"

"ya, shellfish and penicillin. Why?"

"Vitals." she waved the piece of paper she had in her hands.

"Mummy, the ambulance is here!" Dara yelled from downstairs.

"Fantastic." she says, clicking her pen shut. "Tell them she's up here!" she yells down the stairs.

Three men with a come running up the stairs with a stretcher. I point them to her room and they load her on. I, along with all the girls, watch as they load my beautiful baby into the back of the ambulance.

"I'm sorry son, you'll have to drive separately." the man tells me.

"But she's my girlfriend!"

"Immediate family only." he says before closing the doors.

I look over at Dara and her mum. "Go," she says. "Call us when you know if she'll be alright."

I jump in my car and follow the speeding ambulance to the hospital. "Please be okay." I mumble, hands shaking on the steering wheel.