Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Niall's POV

When I finally get home, I don't really do anything. Just chill at home for a while. I really want to see Shelby, but I don't know if she wants to. I mean, I know I messed up, but I really wish I hadn't.

Acting on instinct, I start walking to her house. I have no idea what I'm supposed to say or do, but I just want to see her.

Her brother answers the door. I can't believe he's 15 now! He glares at me and lets me find my own way to her room and I hesitate knocking. When I do, my hand is shaking. I hear her say come in and I do so. She looks up from her phone and just stars at me with no expression what so ever.

Shelby's POV

It catches me completely off guard when Niall walks through my door. I haven't seen him in two years and all of a sudden he just shows up.

"Hey." he says quietly, hand still on the door knob.

"Hi," I say, not really knowing what to do.

He invites himself in and sits beside me on my bed. "Look, I really want to explain what happened. I really liked you Shelby, and I didn't know how to tell you about Sarah... I didn't know what to do." he explains.

I stay quiet with my head down and a single tears escapes my eye, falling straight down to my hand. I don't know what to say.

"Niall, I.." I mutter.

"Please, I just want another chance. I promise I won't mess it up this time." he takes my hand, wiping the tear from it.

I look at his hand shaking in mine, then up at his big blue eyes. "You really hurt me Niall. You broke my heart." I admit.

"I know... I just want to be friends again. I don't like being separated from you and knowing things aren't right."

I slip my hand out of his and lean forward, burying my face in my hands. I hate him seeing me like this, but I can't help it. "Okay." I whisper. "I'll give you another chance." I say, sitting back up. He smiles at me and a small smile grows on my own face.

"Thank you, I promise I won't let you down." he wraps his arms around me and hugs me tightly. I lay my head on his shoulder and we just sit there in silence for a while.

"Want to do something?" i ask.

"I can't right now sorry, I just came to clear things up. But I have to get home to my mum. I'll text you tomorrow okay?"

"Okay." I say quietly looking at the floor.

He tilts my chin up and kisses my cheek before he leaves. I watch the door for a long time thinking about all that just happened. 'Does this mean that he still likes me?'

-----

Sorry, this chapter is super short. I promise they'll get longer in the future!

Make sure to comment, vote and fan!