Chapter 23

Chapter 23:

Shelby's POV

I wake up to sunlight shining through my window. I can't move, since Niall's arms are wrapped tightly around me. I study his face for a moment. He is so amazingly good looking.

"I can feel you staring at me." he mumbles, eyes still closed.

I giggle and his eyes flutter open . He smiles that gorgeous smile and pecks my lips.

"Hungry?" he says.

"Not really." I say. "But you probably are."

"You got that right! I'll be right back okay?" he says, standing.

"Okay" I sit up.

He walks out and I pick up my phone. I log onto twitter to see I have at least 500 mentions and 3000 more followers. Wow.

Krissymontsa: @shelbybear those fans are only jealous. Don't listen to them.

Onelove1D: @shelbybear I'm sorry for what happened. Hope you'll be okay.

Welove1D: @shelbybear get well soon! We love you just as much as Niall does. <3

I have to say, this is the very first time I have actually felt loved by his fans. Sure there are still those jealous girls who wish I would die, but at least I have someone on my side.

I look up to see my mum and Shea walking through the door. Wait. Mum?! Shea?! What are they doing here?!

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask.

"We came to see you. Duh." Shea says, flopping down in the chair beside me.

"Are you alright?" my mum asks, sitting on my bed and putting her hand on mine.

I pull it away. "I'm fine mum." I say coldly.

"You don't look fine. Maybe you should come home-"

"Mum, my home is here now. With Niall and dad, and you can't change that!" I raise my voice.

"Shelby. Please, I've missed you."

"It hasn't even been a week. You're going to have to get used to it." I say, standing.

"Where are you going?" Shea asks, looking up from his phone.

"Somewhere." I say, exiting the room.

On the way out I bump into Niall. "Decided you were hungry?" he says, mouth full of food and holding a sandwich.

"something like that." I say angrily, pulling his arm towards the courtyard.

He laughs at me as I walked down the hallway in my hot pink Victoria's secret short shorts and black jack wills sweater and panda slippers, hair up in a high bun. I just roll my eyes and keep walking, pushing my way through the courtyard door.

I let go of his arm and sit briskly on a bench, burying my head in my hands. I feel his hand rub soft circles on my back, soothing me. I lean back onto him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Why does life have to be so hard." I mumble, sniffling.

"What happened back there?" he says, and I sit up, looking at him.

"My mum and Shea came and she's trying to get me to go home." I say and his face sinks. "I told her this is my home now."

He smiles and I lean my head back on his shoulder. At that moment, Shea comes out the door and walks over to us.

"Mums looking for you." he announces and I roll my eyes. He sits down on the other side of Niall.

"Can I come live with dad too?" he asks bluntly.

I laugh "You haven't even met him."

"I know, but anything is better than living with Brian and mum. Way too much PDA." he says, rubbing his eyes.

"Well you'll have to discuss that with him." I laugh again and Niall chuckles.

"Although I doubt it would be any better with you two." he looks at us.

I look at him then Niall, "Oh Niall!" I gush, caressing his cheek in my opposite hand. "I love you so much!" I say loudly, planting my lips right on his.

Shea grumbles and we pull away. "Get used to it!" Niall says, punching Shea's arm before kissing me again. It's fun to bug Shea, in more ways than one. :)