Chapter 14

Chapter 14:

Shelby's POV

Niall runs into my room and jumps onto my bed, waking me up. I hide my hands under the covers, not wanting him to see the scars.

"So! Spring break for you and guess what?"

"What?"

"Well I think it's time for you to meet the boys!" he exclaims.

"The boys? But they're back in England!" I'm confused, and there is a sparkle in his big blue eyes.

"Which is exactly why you," he pokes my nose an jumps of the bed, "need to start packing!" he says walking to my closet.

"Packing? What about my mum? Does she know-"

"I talked to her yesterday. You'll stay there with me for a week then I'll fly you back here in time for school!"

"Oh my gosh! Niall this is so amazing!" I exclaim, running to him and hugging him.

He pulls away and lugs the suitcase from the top shelf of my closet.

"Um, I don't think I'll be able to fit everything in that. How about that one?" I say, pointing to the large purple suitcase on the top shelf.

His eyes go from mine, to my hand, which is still pointing, to my wrist. My wrist. My cuts. I pull my arm down and cover them with my sleeve.

"Shelby?" he says quietly.

I stay silent and sit down on my bed. He walks over and places his hand on mine. I try and take it away, but he's too strong. He pulls up my sweater sleeve and just looks at the ugly marks, wide eyed.

"How-" he whispers, quivering.

A tear slips away from my eye, and rolls down my cheek.

"How could you do this?" he asks, looking to me. My eyes are shut, tears rolling down my face one by one.

"I don't know..." I sob and his arms wrap tightly around me. I cry into his chest, soaking his shirt.

"You can't do this." he whispers, chin resting on my head.

I pull away and wipe the tears with the back of my hand.

"Niall, I'm sorry. It's just that no one likes me a-and I'm fat and ugly and I didn't know what to do." I sob, hands in my lap.

He slides off my bed, and kneels in front of me. "Shelby, you are not fat or ugly. You are perfect. I love you just the way you are." he says quietly, taking my hands.

I look up at him with longing eyes, and he wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a giant hug. I hear faint sobs muffled by my hair. I pull away to see tears streaked down his face. I caress his cheek in my hand.

"Please stop." he whispers. Before leaning up and kissing me.

"I'll try." I say, my forehead leaning on his.

He pulls away and looks at me, and I look back at him. "Shelby. You do know I love you right?" I nod. "And you know you're perfect, right?"

I peer down at the floor, avoiding his eyes, and staying completely silent. I let out a hiccup and a sniff.

"Shelby." he grabs my shoulders. "You are special and perfect in every way."

I feel so bad that I did this. Not just for me, but for him. As I study his eyes, I can see the hurt and the pain in them. I regret my decision. I regret it all! How could I be so stupid?! I need to calm down. Ill make it through this.

I look directly into his eyes and begin to apologize, but no words come out. I mouth the word 'sorry' and he hugs me again, breathing into my neck.