Spring Break ~Chapter 36~

Today is the last day before we go on break, and now it's been a really long time since me and George have actually talked because he's been busy and all. But today after school, me and him are taking a little road trip from where we live, In Carlsbad, and we are going to Santa Monica for the whole day.
This is actually the first time I've ever really gotten a chance to hang out with him alone since things started to get awkward. But now, Since we are dating now... It gives us more time to be together.

*****
Finally after a long day at school, we are going to head off to Santa Monica. As we are on the highway and I see George glancing out the passenger window with his head resting on his hand, I slowly put my hand on his lap and say; "Hey, you okay George? I say simpathetically. He looks over at me and smiles "Yeah, Babe- I'm fine, I just need a bathroom break."
I giggle, "Well, okay we're 3 miles from a Rest Stop. We can stop there."

*****
When we pull into the Rest Stop George quickly unbuckles and hurries to the bathroom.
Once he comes out he walks toward me and grabs me by the hands and pulls me Into him. I smile and say "What's with the hug?"
"I haven't hugged you in a while" he says excitedly.
I giggle, then hug him tighter as I see a family behind us looking at us like we're crazy.

But I don't care....

Instead I pull him back just a little bit so I can see his face, then stand on my tippy toes-because I'm so short- and wrap my arms around his shoulder and press my lips onto his. He pulls me forward even closer and breaks from the kiss saying; "Sam, I love you."

I love you.... That's something I haven't heard in a while....

I look up at him speechless. "I-I..."

I couldn't say it....
It's still not the same. Not the same as how James says it.
I Look down at me feet in dissapointment and run out to the car. But on my way back I run Into Bailey...

It turns out she was with her friend, Isla...

I thought she was practicing for our school play today..... I asked her if she wanted to go with me to Santa Monica too... But it turns out she's going with someone else.

I look at her feeling just like I have before. A third wheel.
As I almost reach the car George catches up with me and grabs my arm.
"Are you okay Babe?!" He says worriedly.
I nod almost in tears. "I'm fine."
Then as I'm closer to bawling I throw myself into George's arms.
"I love you George. I love you. Only you."
George laughs happily.
"There's the Happy Samantha I love to see."