Prom? Pt. 2 ~Chapter 52~

It was 5:30 and Everyone was ready for Prom. I looked in the mirror one last time. I smiled as a reached to grab my bag of the kitchen counter then went into my friends front yard for pictures. After that we got back into the limo and were off to school.

*****
When we walked into the school it, the entire gym looked beautiful. I was overwhelmed by all the lights, decorations and the people already having a good time.
As soon as we hit the dance floor all my friends and I split up, and I decided to just sit down At the tables and look at them having a good time.

Maybe I was wrong, maybe prom wasn't going to be as I expected.

As a slow dance songs on, I realized all my friends had someone to dance with. I was so upset. But once the song is over, I walk over to my group of chatty friends and ask if any of them wanted to dance with me, but they were all too busy to answer.

I felt so alone at that point. I wanted to cry. I felt like I had to. So I ran out of the school and let it all out. I never expected prom to be like this. This bullshit.

Since there was no reason for me to be at prom I started to walk back to George's house. I got to his house at about 8pm.
I opened the door and ran into his arms sobbing.
"I didn't go to prom.." I say still with tears in my eyes.
George hugs me so tight. "Come on baby don't cry I know how to make it up to you."

He grabs his Radio and turns on a slow song.
He smiles and held out his hand "Samantha, May I have this dance?"
I smile. "Of course."

He pulls me close and I lean my head on his shoulder. And again all my cares went away. With us just standing in the middle of his living room, with me in my dress and him in my arms it's all I could want right now.