12

Two weeks later

Okay Mr. Carter, you're all set. Don't be a stranger if you're ever doubting yourself again, we'll always be here for you. Dr. Jones said after I signed my release forms. You're still up for our weekly sessions correct?

"Yes I am." I nodded. "Tuesdays and Fridays at four. I'll be there."

She smiled. Wonderful. You take care of yourself okay?

"I will."

Alright. Have a good week, I'll see you next Tuesday.

"Aight, thanks. You too."

I grabbed my bags and headed out the door. I spotted Ty Ty's Lamborghini on the curb and walked that way. I saw his door open before he stepped out.

Hey man. Ty Ty said before hugging me. I patted his back before he stepped back. You straight?

"I'm straight." I said nodding.

Aight, good. I'm glad. I've been worried about you man.

I put my suitcase in the trunk before walking around to the passenger side. I got in and buckled my seatbelt. "Aye man, I know we planned on getting lunch but you mind just taking me home?" I said looking at Ty Ty. He nodded.

No problem man.

"Thanks Ty Ty." I said dapping him up.

I got you Jay.

I stared out the window while we drove through the city. I haven't seen it in three weeks, but nothing's changed. It's just Manhattan. Nothing more, nothing less.

My mind drifted to Beyoncé and I sighed. I was trying so hard to let her go. I really was. But on my life it's fucking impossible. If I knew how deep in love I was gonna be with her, honestly, I would've never stopped her in that coffee shop. I would've kept my ass far, far away. Love is dangerous man. That shit is too complicated for me. And now I'm trapped, stuck on a girl who don't even want me. Ain't that some shit?

I felt Ty Ty tap my arm and looked over at him.

We're here man. He said. I looked around and sat up. Shit, I didn't even realize the car stopped.

"Oh aight." I nodded and got out. I grabbed my suitcase from the back and got my keys out of my pocket. We walked in my building and greeted the doorman before heading for the elevators.

Ty Ty didn't try having a conversation while we rode up and I was thankful. He's my brother, but I just wanted to be left alone right now. I needed to get my head in order. My thoughts were a fucking mess. I had to get myself straight before I did anything else. That included anything involving Beyoncé. I wished she was the last thing on my mind, but that's never the case.

The elevator stopped on the top floor and we got out. There was only one other apartment on this floor besides mine, so the hallway was quiet and empty. At least I thought so. God fucking dammit.

I stopped walking and stared at her. Sitting outside my apartment was none other than the heartbreaker herself, Miss Beyoncé Giselle Knowles.