41

Shawn and I arrived at my parents' house within a solid twenty-two minutes after leaving the school, and I soon felt the insistent frustration that I'd previous felt towards her rise accordingly. Though I promised both Shawn and my father that I would make a genuine effort to allow my mother to explain her wrongful actions; I couldn't deny the evident infuriation that resided in my chest, nor could I dismiss the fact that I had already felt my patience thinning before we'd even left the car.

My sudden surge of anger made me incredibly thankful that Shawn had insisted on driving us over to my parents' house, instead of making it more complicated by having us drive separately. I had decided to leave my car behind, and made it immensely easier for the both of us by just allowing Shawn to drive us instead. Since I've left my car at the school several times before, whether it was during my lunch break or after hours, I wasn't too concerned about anything happening to it.

And because I was certain that this unplanned dinner wasn't going to end anywhere near decently, it was obvious that having Shawn drive us was the better, much safer option.

During my brief, impromptu reflection on all the times my mother had shamelessly wronged me, I suddenly felt the warmth of Shawn's hand snake across my exposed thigh and squeeze it gently. Somehow the innocent action had immediately shifted my mind back towards what had occurred in my classroom only thirty minutes earlier, and I inevitably found myself blushing uncontrollably while desperately trying to avoid my baby's eyes.

It didn't help in the slightest that my remembrance of Shawn's oh so skillful tongue had reminded me of the delicious, familiar ache between my legs; and I was forced to hurriedly squeeze my thighs together tightly before I lost my absolute mind.

Jesus Lord, what was he doing to me?

"You okay Bey?" Shawn questioned with a concerned frown as he carefully observed my noticeably flustered face. "What's wrong babygirl?"

I smiled softly and shook my head, before stretching my hand out to gently caress the smoothness of Shawn's worried face. "Nothing baby. I'm okay, just ready to get this over with." I told him with semi-honesty. "I already know my mother is going to be on some bullshit, especially because I brought you with me and she doesn't even know we're back together— and I'm just ready to go home and lay with you." I said tiredly.

Shawn smiled sympathetically before kissing the inside of my palm. "I know ma, but I think it's important for you to hear what your mama has to say before you shut her out completely." He told me gently, and I sighed reluctantly as he grabbed onto the hand that'd been resting on his cheek and easily intertwining our fingers. "Never will I defend your mother for the messed up shit that she's done to you in the past, but I know that deep inside, you're wanting to at least try and fix things with her. But regardless of what happens today, know I support you always, one-hundred percent babygirl."

I visibly melted at his words, and smiled warmly when he made his intentions clear by gently grabbing onto my arm and pulling me towards him. I leaned over the center console with ease and lovingly grabbed onto his face before kissing him passionately, grinning softly against his lips while he supported my body upwards with his careful hands.

"I love you so much, baby. Thank you." I spoke clearly against his lips, before pulling back slightly to look into his beautifully dark eyes. "Thank you for everything."

Shawn kissed me once more, before nuzzling his nose against the apple of my cheek and flattening his hands against my lower back. "I love you more, Bey. And never thank me for doing what I'm supposed to do, aight? Supporting you and loving you ain't a privilege that you gotta earn, that's something you're supposed to have at the very least. Don't ever forget that."